Online casinos available to players around the world can be roughly divided into two main categories: licensed and non uk licensed casinos. The first type, which is the most common, are sites licensed by one of the trusted gambling commissions such as Curacao, Malta, Gibraltar, UK, etc. These committees test casino games and become familiar with the legal, technical and operational aspects of the site, and once it passes these tests successfully, they approve these sites.
Unlicensed gambling sites, on the other hand, operate in a freer environment and can therefore offer better options to players from all over the world. In this article, we will explain in detail the difference between licensed gambling sites and sites that are not licensed at all.
Table of Contents
- Advantages and disadvantages of playing on licensed and unlicensed sites
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing in unlicensed gambling establishments?
- Licensed casinos do not offer an auto-play feature
- Casino balance limits
- No personal offers or significant bonuses at licensed casinos
- Bonuses and their conditions in unlicensed casinos
Advantages and disadvantages of playing on licensed and unlicensed sites
Gambling establishments are very diverse and numerous, with each one having its own features as well as advantages and disadvantages. Platforms that have a gambling license or that do not have one are no exception. Below we’ll be going over the pros and cons of the two casino categories: licensed and unlicensed.
What are the pros and cons of playing at licensed gambling establishments?
- The GamStop register protects you from the dangers of gambling addiction and ensures that you are excluded from playing in UK casinos.
- You don’t have to pay tax and you don’t have to apply to the tax authorities to do so.
- Strict requirements from reputable gambling authorities mean that casinos can be described as very safe.
- Licensing committees can resolve disputes that may arise between player and operator for any reason!
- Strict requirements prevent them from offering loyalty systems and personalised promotions.
- Licensed casinos offer a limited bonus package.
- No bonus is offered when making a deposit at a casino.
- Autoplay, in-game bonuses and other slot entertainment features are not allowed in licensed casinos.
- You have limited choices because not many casinos are licensed.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing in unlicensed gambling establishments?
- More bonuses are available to you.
- Personal bonuses and loyalty systems can be given out.
- Casinos such as spinmywin install security protocols (SSL and HTTPS) so they are quite safe and secure.
- Wide choice of casinos with often a large selection of games.
- If an online casino has payment problems, you cannot turn to the gaming authority for help. However, if you choose a reliable casino, problems will not arise soon.
- There is no adequate protection or support for problem players.
Licensed casinos do not offer an auto-play feature
Another major disadvantage seen in licensed casinos is that they do not allow you to use the auto-play feature. With autoplay, you, as a player, turn on a certain feature that will automatically spin the slot machine for you. As a player, you could normally specify your own number of spins here and spin them without stopping.
This is why it is forbidden for casinos with a license, as the licensing committees believe that you are not gambling knowingly in this way. This rule may also be a reason for you as a player to switch to a casino that does not have a license.
Casino balance limits
If you are going to set up an account in a licensed casino, you should set a balance limit. This means that if you win more than that and the winnings limit is exceeded, the casino is obliged to pay out the excess amount directly to you via a payment method. You may set these limits yourself and adjust them during consultations.
No personal offers or significant bonuses at licensed casinos
Another thing that may prompt many new players to switch to an offshore casino. The handling of player bonuses in a regulated casino is very limited. The license holder can only pay out one bonus to a player. This bonus is also subject to many rules. The reason for this is that the government doesn’t want players to be tempted by nice-sounding bonuses and promotions in casinos.
Bonuses and their conditions in unlicensed casinos
This may be a reason for you, as a player, to choose a casino that offers you plenty of bonuses, promotions and offers. What we want to stress about these bonuses and offers are the numerous terms and conditions that are often associated with them.
Many bonuses always sound nicer than they actually are. The free spins can usually be put on a limited number of slots or even a single slot. In addition, the bonus often needs to be used over several days and is subject to wagering conditions. Therefore, we recommend that you always read the bonus terms and conditions carefully if you want to enter an online casino for this reason.
Each gambling establishment, whether it’s a licensed casino or not, has its own advantages and disadvantages. That means that there’s plenty for players to choose from and they can easily find a platform that suits their taste. It’s up to you to choose where to play, but what you can certainly count on is fun and unforgettable emotions!