Today, Ronn Torossian spends much of his time traveling and offering his expertise to young audiences who will eventually become the next leaders of the industry. He recently shared his skillful command of all things crisis PR with students at Harvard Business School. He is also a regular industry expert for major news networks like CNN and CNBC.
Moreover, Torossian is a contributing columnist for the New York Observer and Forbes and has also authored two editions of his best-selling book ‘For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results With Game-Changing Public Relations.’
For Immediate Release
Ronn Torossian’s book ‘For Immediate Release’ offers several nuggets of PR and crisis management wisdom throughout. Here are a few important takeaways from his best-selling book
- Information is power. PR doesn’t always equate to spilling all the beans.
- Protect yourself. In case a crisis arises, always have a PR representative on standby.
- Always exceed expectations by under-promising and over-delivering. This builds trust and loyalty.
- Remain consistent. Ensure every piece of communication you choose to share aligns with your brand.
- Lead by example.
- Hire teammates who represent your company. Contrary to common opinion, the CEO of a company isn’t the only person who determines how an organization is perceived by the public. An image is defined and a brand is cultivated by its employees.
- Constantly engage with clients. When customers feel heard by a brand, they become more attached to it. This will easily result in increased positive PR for your brand.
- Utilize your strengths instead of trying to catch up with your competitor.
- Attention is a valuable currency in crisis management and PR. Capturing the right attention has to be done consistently and strategically.
- Always be prepared for anything.
- Share information deliberately and with strategic placement.
- Remain true to yourself. Staying authentic can sometimes mean saying no to even the most lucrative opportunities when they don’t align with your brand and its core mission and values.