You are not alone if you are having difficulties using Instagram on your mobile device. Users are stating that the Instagram app either crashes immediately upon opening it or after some time has passed. In any case, if your Instagram keeps crashing on your iPhone, check out this troubleshooting guide for solutions. It seems to be quite frustrating to many of the affected users.
Table of Contents
Restart your iPhone
Yes, restart your phone. Your mobile device may also resolve numerous temporary glitches or cache data issues with a simple restart. Even though this choice might seem absurd to some people, it doesn’t cost you anything and doesn’t take any effort at all.
Therefore, only give it a single try to see if the issue has been resolved. Don’t worry if not. For your mobile device to restart:
- For a few seconds, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the “Slide to power off” screen appears.
- To turn it off now, simply slide the bar from left to right.
- Long-press the Power button to turn the iPhone back on after a few seconds of waiting.
Update the app
Update the Instagram app You should check to see if your mobile device is running the most recent version of the app. If you are using a version that is out of date, the issue is on your end.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple App Store.
- Click the search icon, then type Instagram into the search box.
- Select UPDATE by tapping Instagram from the search result. If it’s available, tap OPEN after installing the most recent update.
Update iPhone Software
An outdated version of your mobile software can also lead to several problems, including app crashes. Therefore, if you are one of the victims, ensure that the mobile software is updated to the most recent version.
- Select Settings > General.
- Select Software Update, and it will search for the available update automatically.
- Make sure to select Download and Install if it is available.
- It might also ask you to enter your iPhone’s screen unlock code.
- Simply enter the screen unlock code and continue with the update.
Your iPhone will automatically install the update and restart the system when the process is finished.
Close Other Running Apps
It is common these days for mobile applications to keep crashing for a variety of reasons. However, if your mobile storage space becomes quite low or begins to lag significantly overall, you should manually close some of the background running apps to prevent the system from crashing apps. To open the Recents panel, therefore, swipe up and hold from the device’s middle bottom.
To save a lot of RAM, you can manually swipe up all currently running background applications here. You can also simply restart the device to shut down the apps running in the background on their own.
Check the Status of Instagram’s Servers
There is a good chance that Instagram’s servers will experience a significant outage or downtime for some time. If you feel the same way, the third-party Down Detector Instagram Status page will provide you with real-time information.
Clear Instagram’s Cache Data on iPhone
Clearing Instagram’s cache data can simply resolve several issues, such as crashing, lagging, not loading, log-in issues, news feed loading-related issues, and so on. Therefore, it is always preferable to completely clear your application’s cache data. To do this:
- Whereas normal app cache clearing is not possible for iPhone users. Therefore, to delete cache data, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app.
- Simply go to Settings > General.
- Select Instagram by going to iPhone Storage > scrolling down.
- Now, select the page’s Delete App button.
- Make sure to restart your iPhone normally after you’re done.
- Find Instagram by going to the Apple App Store > Search.
- To install it again, tap GET.
Finally, you can start using your account by logging in.
Following all these processes can easily prevent Instagram App from crashing on your iPhone. Hopefully, it will help you all people.