A Jockstrap is a must-have accessory for males who are into athletics. The Jockstrap protects the intimate male parts when participating in sports or other athletic activities. These undergarments offer the right support and protection from injuries. These jockstraps come with a cup-holding feature. For further protection, you can add a cup to these straps.
However, it is confusing for first-timers to buy the right one. To purchase the right Jockstrap, you need to know the different types available. When choosing a jockstrap, there are many important factors, such as comfort, style, and support. If you want to choose the right one, here are exceptional tips.
Table of Contents
- Ways to find the perfect Jockstrap
- Consider various options for Jockstrap
- Know the size and go for the right fit
- Best way to decide if your jock needs a cup or not
- Sports activities that make cups necessary
- Suitable cup for the Jockstrap
- The best alternative for the Jockstrap
Ways to find the perfect Jockstrap
1. Visiting the physical athleisure store
You can find a jock strap in any sports or athleisure store. They will have plenty of stock as every sportsman may need one. Several clothing stores sell these accessories in their athletic section. Getting a Jockstrap to form a physical store has many perks.
You need to test its comfort to decide if a Jock strap is the right one. You cannot go wrong with a comfortable Jockstrap. You can check its size, fabric type, and more. If you still have doubts about it, ask the store salesperson. They have a lot of experience to get you the right one. Plus, they can understand what type of Jock strap you are looking for.
2. Online shopping for wide varieties
Some people do not feel comfortable when purchasing Jockstrap in a physical store. If this is the case, Online stores are here for your help. You can easily find a perfect Jockstrap online. Plus, online stores have more varieties than shops. Also, great offers help to purchase Jockstraps for a discount. Search many sites to buy it for a lower price.
3. Focusing on the material
The material is a crucial aspect of the Jockstrap. The comfort of this garment relies on its fabric. Some people have a job requiring them to wear a Jock strap daily. You may be an athlete or a sportsman the support of a Jock strap may be necessary every day. If this is the case, focus more on Jockstrap material than the type.
Materials such as cotton and rayon offer extra comfort. Also, these are materials that provide more ventilation to your intimate parts. Choose a jock strap that comes with a wicking fabric. Wick Fabric keeps moisture away. During aggressive activities, you may sweat more. However, Jockstraps with a wicking feature can prevent moisture.
Consider various options for Jockstrap
There are more fashionable Jock strap than you can imagine. Different brands offer different styles of Jockstraps. Let us see the styles, colours, and different sizes of Jockstraps.
- Jockstraps are athleisure that come in different colours. Many prefer jock straps in plain black, white, and nude colours. Sports jocks come in a variety of colours. There are bright blue, green, brown and other interesting colours. However, the plain coloured ones are classic and last long.
- There are four classic Jockstrap styles available in the market. Boxer jocks, shorts like jocks, brief thong jocks, and scanty styles are some of the popular choices. This style can differ according to the sport. You can decide which jock style best suits your sport.
- When choosing a jock, all focus on pouch type too. If you are purchasing a jock strap for the first time, it is possible not to have any idea about it. Make sure you choose a jockstrap with the right pouch. The pouch is important as it offers comfort. There are classic, contour, and snug types of pouches.
Know the size and go for the right fit
A perfectly fitting Jock strap can last for a long time. There are various sizes of jock straps for every male. However, the sizes are based on the waist strap. If you wonder what the right fit is, look out for the waist fit.
Also, the cup should hold the entire genital area completely. This is the right fit if you are looking for a jockstrap. The Jockstrap has small, medium, large, XL and XLL sizes. Knowing the exact size range makes it easy to find a Jockstrap with the right fit.
Best way to decide if your jock needs a cup or not
Many have doubts about when to wear a cup in the jock strap. The Jockstrap itself protects, but you may need extra for some activities. Sports such as basketball, rollerblading, and running may not require a cup. There are a few limitations of wearing a cup, such as discomfort and heat. You may skip a cup and wear only the Jockstrap for general sports activities.
Sports activities that make cups necessary
Some sports may require balls, pucks, and other accessories that can cause injury. Injury to the genital area can be deadly. So, wear the cup for baseball, rugby, hockey, cricket, football, and other dangerous sports. For these sports activities, you may require Jock sports with cups.
Suitable cup for the Jockstrap
There are many types of cups available for Jockstrap. Some of them come in plastic and metal. It is best to get a Jock strap with a hole in it. Small holes in the cup offer airflow and make you feel more comfortable. There is pear, hollow, plastic cups for your Jockstrap. Flex cups, too, offer more comfort for the user.
The best alternative for the Jockstrap
There are many benefits of a Jockstrap when involved in athletics. You may find it a useful accessory during sports activities. Without any doubt, they are the only ways to protect your intimate parts during a game. If you do not buy the idea of wearing a Jock strap there is an alternative for you.
An athletic brief is a perfect alternative for a Jockstrap. These athletic briefs can offer the same support as the jocks. However, you may not be able to insert a cup into it. Still, it is a great alternative to the Jockstrap.