To maintain eye health while using contact lenses, it is essential to properly take care of your lenses. The type of care required for your lenses depends on the kind of lenses you use. Daily disposable contact lenses require the least maintenance, but if you’re using monthly disposables or lenses with even longer life, take special care. There are important principles of care and cleanliness that should be adopted and practiced for keeping your eyes healthy and as beautiful as they are. If you get careless or lazy with your eye care routine, eye contact lenses might cause an irreversible loss for a lifetime.
Find below a few tips of how you should take care of your contact lenses:
Table of Contents
- 1. Stick to the Wearing Schedule
- When you buy eye contact lenses, remember that you should use them as per the duration directed. Avoid overusing the lenses and throw them off after that period of time, like, daily disposables should be binned on the day of wearing itself. If you overuse them, they might get dry and irritate, thus harming your eyes.
- 2. Cleanse and Disinfect Your Contact Lenses Daily
- 3. Disinfect Your Case and Replace it Regularly
- 4. If You Observe Any Redness, Remove Them
- 5. Use the Correct Lens Solution, Do Not Use Water or Saliva
- 6. Clean Your Hands Properly
- 7. Avoid Sleeping Wearing Contact Lenses
- Wear Eye Contact Lenses with Utmost Care
1. Stick to the Wearing Schedule
When you buy eye contact lenses, remember that you should use them as per the duration directed. Avoid overusing the lenses and throw them off after that period of time, like, daily disposables should be binned on the day of wearing itself. If you overuse them, they might get dry and irritate, thus harming your eyes.
2. Cleanse and Disinfect Your Contact Lenses Daily
After you’ve worn your lenses for the full day, you should clean them properly before you store them to wear again. You should keep the lenses on your palm and rub them gently with your fingertip using the solution to remove the build-up debris on the surface of your lenses. After that, you can store the lenses back in the case having solution.
3. Disinfect Your Case and Replace it Regularly
While you store the eye contact lenses in the case after wearing them for the whole day, it will accumulate dirt in the case over a while. On average, the case should be replaced every three months. And, if it gets damaged or cracked, it should be replaced immediately. To clean your case, you should avoid using water; instead, use a lens solution to clean it up. After cleaning, you should not use a towel or a cloth to make it dry, and leave it open for drying up.
4. If You Observe Any Redness, Remove Them
If you observe any redness in your eyes before wearing them, do not wear them at all. If you observe that after wearing them, take them off immediately without any delay. You shouldn’t resume wearing them until the redness is gone.
5. Use the Correct Lens Solution, Do Not Use Water or Saliva
You should use the appropriate solution which suits your lenses and your eyes too. It is also advised to ask your doctor before buying any solution to avoid issues later. Even in an emergency, you should not use your saliva or water to clean your lenses. Instead, you should consider throwing them off in that case. Your saliva and water will have a number of micro-organisms, which will leave your lenses spoilt and might even damage your vision to an extent.
6. Clean Your Hands Properly
You should wash and clean your hands properly with soap before you wear or take off your lenses. If there’s any kind of dirt or oil on your hands, it can cause severe irritation in your eyes, which will take time to get back to normal.
7. Avoid Sleeping Wearing Contact Lenses
To be on the safer side, you should take off your eye contact lenses as soon as you reach back home. Sleeping in your lenses blocks the oxygen completely, dries up your eyes, and might even cause some infection, causing long-lasting harm to your eyes.
Wear Eye Contact Lenses with Utmost Care
Wearing contact lenses gives you comfort and helps you get rid of your regular glasses. While enjoying this comfort, do not miss out on maintaining your eye health and storing lenses properly.
Trusted retailers like Titan Eyeplus offer eye contact lenses online, and you can be sure about the quality and authenticity of brands. They have a comprehensive collection of lenses from all reputed brands with uncompromised quality, trained consultants to guide you throughout, and excellent after-sales services.