In the Indian film and entertainment scenario, people are excited to know about Vikram Box Office collection. In fact, even before the release of the film, there was a huge hype surrounding it and there were many reasons behind that. One of the obvious reasons is that the film stars Kamal Haasan, the Indian film superstar. Therefore, people were visibly excited about the film.
However, the success of a film is largely decided by its commercial performance. If you ask me about the budget for the film, then the film was built using a budget of around ₹120–150 crore. Therefore, it was a big budget film and thereby had a challenge at hand in the commercial sector. However, now as the film has concluded its screenings, we have the final figures with us. Therefore, if you wish to know more in this regard, then this article is the perfect stop for you.
Production And Release Details
Lokesh Kanagaraj wrote this Tamil language based action thriller and earned Kamal Haasan as the producer of the film. Haasan owns his own production house named Raaj Kamal Films International. This production house signed Lokesh for a project in early 2019. The project was initially planned with Superstar Rajinikanth as the main lead. However, due to the pandemic, the project came to a halt.
After that in September 2020 the writer announced that he is working on another project which would feature Kamal Haasan both as the lead actor and the producer. The project was named Vikram, which was announced in November 2020. After that the pre-production works started and ended in early 2021. The filming ended in February 2022. FInally the film hit the cinemas on the 3rd of June 2022.
Vikram features a star-studded cast and the huge budget of the film is therefore justified. Here goes the cast of the thriller:
- Kamal Haasan as Agent Arun Kumar Vikram.
- Narain as Inspector Bejoy.
- Dharshan as Vikram Jr, Vikram’s grandson
- Fahadh Faasil as Agent Amar.
- Vijay Sethupathi as Santhanam.
- Kalidas Jayaram as ACP Prabhanjan IPS.
- Santhana Bharathi as Agent Uppiliappan.
- Gayathrie Shankar as Gayathri Amar
- Swathishta Krishnan as Prabhanjan’s wife
- Chemban Vinod Jose as Inspector Jose
- Elango Kumaravel as Agent Lawrence.
- Hareesh Peradi as Stephen Raj
- Gowtham Sundararajan as Veerapandian
- Ramesh Thilak as Elango
- G. Marimuthu as Nagaraj
- Maheshwari Chanakyan as Kousalya.
- Shivani Narayanan as Keykayi, Sandhanam’s third wife
- Vasanthi as Agent Tina, Pilot Black Squad 1987.
- Aruldoss as Rudra Prathap
- Myna Nandhini as Sumitra.
- Shreekumar as a member of the Black Ops Squad
- Vinoth Munna as Sandhanam’s uncle
- Sampath Ram as Sampath
- Jaffer Sadiq as Cutting Plier.
- Gokulnath as member of Sandhanam’s gang
- Maya S. Krishnan as an escort
- Pondy Ravi as a Police constable
Box Office Collection
The thriller ended its theatrical run in India with a staggering collection of around 301 crores. What is more interesting is that out of this collection around 184 crores came from Tamil Nadu itself. The worldwide collection of the film takes the figure up to around 426 crores. Therefore, the film was a major hit and it deserves every bit of the hype which built around it.
Also read: Get These 5 Analog Watches for Girls To Complement Your Confidence