After months of anticipation, you can now pre-load the shooter Warzone 2 and be among the first to experience it. Learn more about Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 PC and console pre-load times, file sizes, and download processes below.
The new Warzone 2 is free to play on all devices. As long as you have enough storage space, you can download and play the game as soon as the servers go live. Are you ready?
Table of Contents
When will the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Pre-Load begin?
Along with the time, a release date for Warzone 2.0 has been announced. Players can begin pre-loading CoD: Warzone 2 on Monday, November 14, 2022, at 13:00 ET/ 10:00 PT/ 18:00 BST. The timeline is applicable to users of PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. Players will be able to get their hands on the game early in the 48 hours running up to its official release on November 16. You will have enough time to fully load it regardless of your network speed.
Keep in mind that Warzone 2 will work in tandem with Modern Warfare 2. If you have both titles installed, you can smoothly switch between them. If you already own one of them, you won’t notice a change.
How much storage space is required for this?
Warzone 2’s actual download size is unknown because pre-loads have not yet been made available. Once we get started, we’ll determine how much space is required on each platform.
Users who already own Modern Warfare 2 on the PlayStation 3 will just require 3GB to install the Warzone 2 files. If you don’t already have the requisite baseline files, you’ll need to download around 40GB of data.
The amount of extra data for PC players is currently unknown, however, it is estimated to be around 8GB for Xbox players. According to multiple sources, the latest Call of Duty release will have a large data footprint.
According to a Informer on Twitter, the first installation of it would consume up to 115 GB of space. This will be far larger than MW2, which was 55GB on consoles and PCs.
Know what sort of computer I’ll need to play It
The PC system requirements for Warzone 2 are yet unclear. However, the current shooter’s betas and graphic style have given us a hint. It’s safe to expect that Warzone 2 will run as smoothly as Modern Warfare 2 on your machine.
The following are the minimum and recommended system requirements for running Warzone 2 on a PC:
To begin, you will require at least
- El Capitan 64-Bit OS X (latest update)
- Intel Core i3-6100/i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 processor
- RAM: 8 GB High-Performance Asset Cache: up to 32 GB Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470, 2 GB Video Memory
Prerequisites in detail:
- Windows 10 64-bit as the operating system (latest version) or Windows 11 64-Bit (latest update)
- Intel Core i5-6600K/i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor
- RAM: 12 GB High-Rez Asset Cache (up to): 32 GB GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580, 4 GB Video Memory
- Warzone 2.0 Instructions for Computer and Console
- It might come pre-installed on PCs and consoles with minimal to no user participation. It’s as simple as opening the app and clicking the download button.
- Before you begin, ensure that you have a solid and fast internet connection.