Have you ever come across a brick wall when trying to WhatsApp Android to iPhone? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Thousands of people switching from Android to iPhone have found that a simple WhatsApp transfer is not so simple after all! The reason is simple: since the cloud backup that you create for your WhatsApp transfer will only work with one operating system, you cannot transfer your data this way. So, what is the solution and how does it work? Fortunately, there are two ways to transfer whatsapp from android to iphone safely and completely. Both these methods have been described in detail in the following sections of this article.
Table of Contents
- Method 1: Desktop Method – Use MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer
- Method 2: Direct Android to iPhone Method – Use MobileTrans for iOS and Android
- What’s the Official WhatsApp Transfer Method Announced by WhatsApp?
- In Conclusion
Method 1: Desktop Method – Use MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer
For this approach, you will be installing the MobileTrans Mac or Windows version on your computer. Once that’s done, all it takes is hooking up both devices to the computer and then doing the WhatsApp transfer with just one click of your mouse.
1. First, launch the MobileTrans application on your desktop computer and click the Transfer WhatsApp module on the welcome page.
2. Using the original charging cables, connect both devices to the computer and click the WhatsApp option from the various choices on the left-side panel.
3. On your monitor, you’ll see the two devices; make sure the Android phone is the source device (i.e. it should be on the left) – if it’s on the right side, click Flip to bring it into position.
4. Only one thing left to do – click Start and wait for the transfer to be finished before you unplug the devices.
This method works amazingly well because it has been thoroughly tested on over 8000 Android and iOS devices. Apart from transferring WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business data from one device to another, you can also take backups, restore them to other phones, and do complete phone transfers. Moreover, it also supports data transfers for other chat apps such as Viber, LINE, WeChat, and Kik. It’s a simple, one-click method that trumps all other available options because of how easy it is. You won’t need any technical expertise or knowledge to execute the process in just a few minutes.
Also read: Hidden Spy App For Android Phone – BlurSPY
Method 2: Direct Android to iPhone Method – Use MobileTrans for iOS and Android
The mobile app ports for MobileTrans are equally powerful, and they don’t need the intervention of a desktop computer to do whatsapp transfer. All you need is a Lightning to USB-C cable and you’re all set. Let’s look at the process in more detail:
- After you install the mobile apps on their respective devices, choose Android to iPhone as your desired transfer method.
- Log in to WhatsApp on the target iPhone and authenticate it using the new SIM.
- Connect the two devices, trust the Android device, and choose the mobile method of transferring your WhatsApp data.
- Finally, tap through to the data transfer by following the on-screen instruction.
After the transfer, all the chat and media information from your old iPhone will now be available inside WhatsApp on your Android phone. Similar to the desktop version, the mobile apps can also help you transfer data for other chat apps such as what we listed above. But most of all, what makes this app so attractive is the simple way in which it handles a very difficult task.
What’s the Official WhatsApp Transfer Method Announced by WhatsApp?
A few months ago, WhatsApp announced a new method of doing WhatsApp transfers from iPhones to Android phones. Unfortunately, so far, it only works with Samsung super-premium devices as the target and the data can only be transferred in one direction – from an iPhone to a Samsung device. Moreover, it comes with a laundry list of limitations and dealbreakers. Let’s explore this process in the hope that WhatsApp will extend its functionality in the coming months.
How Does it Work?
The official way announced by WhatsApp works by using the Samsung SmartSwitch Experience on the target device. The two devices need to be connected with a Lightning to USB-C cable or an OTG adapter that fits both phones. The overview of the process looks something like this:
- Using the new SIM, change the WhatsApp number on the source iPhone to the one you intend to use on the target Samsung device – the process involves inserting the new SIM into the old phone and going into the Settings to change the number associated with the source WhatsApp account
- Once you’ve done the first step, move the SIM back to the Android phone, then connect the devices and turn on the Samsung device to launch the Samsung SmartSwitch Experience – you may need to trust the Android device before transferring data
- During the process, you’ll be asked to register the SIM on WhatsApp, which you can do
- Continue setting up your new phone – when you reach the home screen, launch WhatsApp and see if your chats have been transferred successfully
What are the Problems and Issues with this Official WhatsApp Transfer Method?
Right out of the gate we saw that it is not possible to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. But there are several other concerns for users as well:
- No support for other Android devices
- Requires a special connector cable
- The new phone must be brand new or else factory-reset, which means taking a full mobile data backup before you try this
- It only works on some Samsung models
- Specific versions (or higher) of Samsung SmartSwitch, WhatsApp for iOS, and WhatsApp for Android are required to execute the process steps
- Only chat histories and media can be transferred this way
- Users cannot retain the same number on the new Samsung phone – it must be changed
- Some technical knowledge may be required
In stark contrast, Wondershare’s applications make it that much easier. MobileTrans – WhatsApp for desktop and Mobile-Trans – Whatsapp Transfer for Mobile together offer two trouble-free ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, and even between two devices running the same OS. The software and apps are highly intuitive and you won’t have to go through a steep learning curve to become an expert at phone switching.
Just install the software or apps and you’re done in mere minutes. You can even transfer all phone data using these versatile tools, and it even supports exporting chat data as HTML or PDF from the desktop backup.