Want to prepare videos that attract your audience’s attention? We hear you. Building a solid impression goes a long way in growing your business and boosting sales. As a business owner or marketer, you may wish to integrate videos into your marketing strategy. Videos have been proven to garner higher engagement on social media than pictures or text. A professional video not only uplifts the value of your product but also takes your brand’s identity to the next level. Can’t find a video editor that fits your requirements? We’ve got you covered!
In this guide, we will dive into a list of the best video editing platforms that you can use for free.
If you are looking for an efficient video editor that’s compatible with Mac, then iMovie is among the best out there. Its impeccable 4K resolution is an asset for video developers and creators. Its drag-and-drop interface allows you to add titles, music, impressive effects, and much more with the touch of a finger. Moreover, you can play around with filters and video speeds to add a personal touch to your video.
The platform has versatile filters that help you achieve the look you desire. From a swanky western look to a gloomy sci-fi look, iMovie enables it all.
- Features a host of studio-quality title animations.
- Speed controls enable you to make sports highlights slower and high-octane action scenes faster.
- The simple drag-and-drop interface makes the platform user-friendly.
- Offers limited features for professional use.
Looking for a single application to fulfill all your editing needs? OpenShot is a one-stop solution for new and intermediate users. OpenShot’s interface is minimal and easy to use. With multiple editing tools, audio tracks, background videos, and unlimited layers of watermarks, the platform makes editing a breeze.
If you’re new to editing and are looking for something simple to use, then OpenShot is your best option. It is also an excellent option for those looking to make animated videos. Integrated with robust key-frame animation capabilities, OpenShot makes the process of creating animated videos seamless and hassle-free.
- Easy to use.
- Supports multiple platforms, including Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Unlimited layers of watermarks.
- Lags sometimes due to its regularly rolled-out features.
3. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush is an all-in-one platform used to create and share videos on social media. While the paid version is considered impeccable, the free version too offers multiple colors, audio, motion graphics, and video editing options.
The best part about this editor is that it provides you with a wide range of built-in templates, along with a manual color correction option. You can use Adobe Premiere Rush for free on Windows as well as Mac.
- Professional audio editing tools.
- A streamlined interface, reliable companion mobile app, and drag-and-drop tools assist with high-quality editing.
- Limited features in the free version.
InVideo offers some of the most impressive features for video editing. The platform provides more than 5000 pre-made templates and over 9 million free-to-use clips from Shutterstock, iStock, Pexels, and more. The best thing about this free online video editor is that it enables you to make videos in more than 70 languages – a feature that you’d be hard-pressed to find on any other platform.
- Round-the-clock online support.
- One-click animation.
- Easy integration of your brand logo into all your videos.
- Limited customization options as compared to paid plans.
People love Lightworks for its uncomplicated and intuitive interface. The platform makes editing an effortless process for its users. It offers a pack of detailed video tutorials that help its users learn the editing process and implement it, one step at a time.
The editor has plentiful original stock videos and licensed music clips that users can use to polish their videos. When it comes to editing features, Lightworks has a lot to boast of. It supports an extensive range of video formats. It also features simple trim tools that you can use for precise and smooth video editing without losing the video’s quality in the process.
Lightworks is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- Easy timeline editing and trimming.
- Compatible with universal projects.
- Wide range of social media templates.
- Not ideal for beginners. More suitable for professionals and advanced users.
This tool is perfect for new editors who want to create a professional-looking video. VSDC has an easy-to-use interface, which makes editing feel smooth and seamless. It has both free and paid versions in its offerings. So, you can always start with the free version and see if you have the need for more advanced features.
- Offers color correction tools to give your videos a more professional look.
- Ease of use in primary as well as advanced features.
- Features an anti-shake technology.
- Does not provide free-of-cost technical support.
7. HitFilm Express
This free online editor is available for both Mac and Windows and can be used to manage all your basic video-editing requirements. Its advanced features make professional editing accessible to everyone. A popular feature of HitFilm Express is its home interface which furnishes users with top industry news, editing tips and tricks, mood boards, and other helpful inputs. The platform also assists you in editing 3D videos, making it a one-of-a-kind video editor.
- A fully customizable user interface.
- Professional-grade tools that are available for no cost.
- Support 3D video editing.
- Steep learning curve.
Videos engage users. Studies show that videos get 1200% more shares than images and text combined! So, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn’t jump onto the wagon of video marketing. When you make a powerful and interactive video, you increase your brand’s chances of being noticed and your product’s chances of being bought.
Now that you have decided to take your content to the next level. Each editor mentioned in this article offers practical, helpful, and unique tools. Now, all that stands between you and a beautifully finished video is one simple idea.
Also read: Techniques to Take Gorgeous Instagram Photos