Switzerland is one of those dream places which everyone would like to visit once in a lifetime. The place is really amazing. But do you know we have a place something like this in India too? Yes! You heard that right. And that place is Sikkim which is the ‘land of mystique’. In this article, we will take you through that why you need to visit Sikkim soon leaving behind Switzerland. Let’s have a look.
Table of Contents
- Here are the top 7 reasons why you should prefer Sikkim over Switzerland for your next travel destination:
- 1. Sikkim is a ‘land of mighty mountains’
- 2. Perfect place for ‘nature lovers’
- 3. Sikkimese cuisine is quite popular all over India
- 4. Best place if you want to meditate and feel peace around you
- 5. The people here treat you very nicely and friendly
- 6. Sikkim is India’s cleanest state
- 7. It has lots of temples and monasteries to enchant you
Here are the top 7 reasons why you should prefer Sikkim over Switzerland for your next travel destination:
1. Sikkim is a ‘land of mighty mountains’
Most of us visit Switzerland just because of Alps. Sure, they are beautiful but scenic beauty of Sikkim is much better than Switzerland’s Alps. In Sikkim, you will find breathtaking views surrounded by beautiful mountains, lakes, and snow.
And if you keep the love for snow and you want to try skiing if you have never done before, then you should visit this place. Do you know Kanchenjunga which is the 3rd highest mountain in the world, is situated in this state?
2. Perfect place for ‘nature lovers’
Undoubtedly, Switzerland is famous for its beautiful lakes. But, Sikkim also has some breathtaking lakes like Gurudongmar Lake and Chhangu Lake. But, yes you would need a permit to visit these incredibly beautiful places.
3. Sikkimese cuisine is quite popular all over India
If you die for Momos, Thupka soup and wontons they this is the place for you. You will not get them better anywhere in the whole world not even in Switzerland. IF you want to taste Sikkimese delicacies then you should plan a visit at least once.
4. Best place if you want to meditate and feel peace around you
Yes! Switzerland is calm and beautiful but nothing can beat the serenity of Sikkim. You would love Sikkim as the place is very least populated and clean. You will also find one of the most popular monasteries visited by tourists.
Yes, we are talking about Rumtek Monastery which is a very nice place to visit. If you want to feel nature and want to relax, then you must visit this place when you visit Sikkim.
5. The people here treat you very nicely and friendly
The locals of Sikkim are very shy and friendly which is enough to melt away your heart. They make you feel like home when you visit Sikkim. I am pretty sure you will not get this kind of hospitality in Switzerland.
6. Sikkim is India’s cleanest state
Sikkim is popular because it was given the title of ‘India’s cleanest state’ in the year 2012. You will be shocked to know that plastic bags are completely banned here which is quite impossible in Switzerland.
7. It has lots of temples and monasteries to enchant you
Sikkim has many temples and monasteries which are extremely interesting and beautiful that will surely enchant you. You will not find such a meaningful culture in Switzerland.