Are you interested in Wordle, the crazed new puzzle game taking over Twitter? The concept of Wordle is to guess a five-letter word in six attempts. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to master Wordle, including how to play Wordle, where to find it online, how to use it, how to share your results with others, and all the insider tips and techniques.
To know some intriguing tricks and tips on how to play Wordle, continue reading!
Table of Contents
- Where Can I Play Wordle?
- How Do You Play Wordle?
- Tips and Tricks
- 1. Choose a word that includes a minimum of three vowels for your initial guess
- 2. Consider apparent words based on the outcomes of your first guess
- 3. Pay vigilance to the positions of the yellow tiles
- 4. Don’t reuse gray tiles
- 5. Think about letters that widely appear together in words
- 6. Search the web for 5-letter words
- 7. Some Wordles include more than one of the same letters
Where Can I Play Wordle?
Before knowing how to play Wordle, let’s see initially where you can play Wordle.
1. You can play Wordle on the web at https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html.
On your Android, iPhone, or iPad, you can easily play Wordle in a web browser, even if there isn’t an official Wordle mobile app.
- Although “Wordle” appears in the titles of numerous mobile apps in the App Store and Play Store, these apps are not genuine Wordle. Although they’re enjoyable to use, they are not the original Wordle.
2. Daily Wordle puzzles are limited to one
You’ll need to wait till tomorrow to guess a new 5-letter word if you don’t correctly guess the Wordle of the Day.
How Do You Play Wordle?
1. Enter a 5-letter word
Make each of your six attempts to guess the 5-letter word of the day counts correctly! Try choosing a word with numerous letter combinations to focus your future predictions. Write your initial guess, then click Enter to see if any letters match.
2. Check the tile colors
The color of the tiles will alter following your guess:
- A green tile means you correctly guessed the letter in the right position within the word.
- A yellow tile indicates that you correctly predicted a letter that is present in the word but is not where it should be.
- A grey tile indicates a letter not present in the current word.
3. Guess another word
To retry, use the hints from your initial guess. Don’t forget that the grey letters aren’t used in today’s Wordle, so don’t reuse them.
- Make sure to use the letter at that spot in your second guess if you successfully predicted a letter at the right position (a green tile).
- In the same word, letters may occur even more than once.
4. Continue entering your guesses until all letters are green
When you correctly guess the word, a pop-up window showing your statistics and a countdown timer indicate when the next Wordle will be available.
You may copy a vibrant grid from the Share button and paste it into Facebook posts, new tweets, emails, or instant messages to share your results with others.
- Everyone shares the Wordle puzzle. So your answers won’t reveal the word of the day to your followers and friends.
- By clicking the bar graph icon at Wordle’s top, you can always go back to your statistics.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that’ll make it clearer for you to know how to play worlds and make you the master of the game!
1. Choose a word that includes a minimum of three vowels for your initial guess
Your starting word’s objective is to narrow down the possibilities for the remaining guesses. Using three vowels is an excellent way to narrow down the choices for the following words. For a top-notch first guess, you must try out any of the following multi-vowel words mentioned below:
2. Consider apparent words based on the outcomes of your first guess
You must have some green and/or yellow tiles to work with if, in any case, you choose a good first word. Consider several 5-letter words with those letters, but none contain any of the gray (incorrect) guesses.
3. Pay vigilance to the positions of the yellow tiles
A yellow tile indicates a letter in the Wordle of the Day. But not in the spot you predicted. Think about the five-letter words you know where the yellow letters are most frequently found. For instance, if your initial guess has a yellow K in the second position, you may try moving it to the fifth position since many 5-letter words finish with CK.
4. Don’t reuse gray tiles
Remember not to use that letter in your second or future guesses if you’ve previously attempted a letter that isn’t in today’s Wordle.
5. Think about letters that widely appear together in words
In English, many letters frequently appear in pairs or trios. You can simplify more difficult words by using some typical instances like these:
At the beginning of a word:
At the end of a word:
6. Search the web for 5-letter words
Although some might consider this a Wordle hack, it can occasionally be useful. To find ideas, try browsing the web for “5 letter words that start with TR.”
7. Some Wordles include more than one of the same letters
Try doubling or reusing yellow or green consonants or vowels if you are in a problem after three guesses. For instance, “Grill” or “Creep”.
So, this was a complete guide on how to play Wordle. Before playing Wordle, you must go through this post!