When you go to the grocery store you can find a variety of vinegar on the condiments side. Some of the different types of vinegar are rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, champagne and more. These types of vinegar add colour and acidity to the recipes you cook. Many also use vinegar to clean the floors and wash the laundry. It is that effective to get rid of the dirt. So what is cleaning vinegar?
Can you use it to clean your home? You can find all the details about it. Also, know how to use it properly to get rid of dirt and grime.
What is cleaning vinegar?
The difference between the cleaning vinegar and the distilled vinegar is its acidity. It is made from the process where alcohol is distilled from the grain and permitted to ferment. Then the microorganism will start to act on the alcohol and change it into acetic acid, vinegar or water.
When you see distilled vinegar it is five per cent acetic acid and 95 per cent water. On the other hand, the cleaning vinegar has six per cent of acetic acid. The cleaning vinegar is stronger than the distilled vinegar which is why it is beneficial for cleaning your home. It acts well on the dirt and grime.
Further, you can use distilled vinegar for salad dressing and for making pickles. But you have to use the it for cleaning floors and the bathrooms. The product may also contain some impurities so do not consume it. Also, the level of acidity in it is high. Hence it is only suitable for cleaning.
Also read: 7 Ways To Clean Smarter, Not Harder
How can you use cleaning vinegar?
The cleaning vinegar is not that much toxic to the environment. It is also available at low costs than the other cleaning products. That is why many people like to use it to clean their homes. It is also highly effective in getting rid of unpleasant odours in the home. Further, it whitens the laundry too. It cuts through the oily grime like soap and makes a surface looks shiny. Plus it also is effective against the clog in the drain. It works properly when you use it with baking soda. These two are a powerful combination to clean a house.
By using the cleaning vinegar you can create your cleaning solution. You can dilute it in water and add some dishwashing liquid. Also, you can clean every surface in your home using this solution. It does not release any harmful fumes like the other cleaning agents and harms your lungs and skin.
The tips to use vinegar for laundry
1. You can use the vinegar to get rid of tough odours like mildew, food odour, urine and more. For cleaning the large load of clothes you can add 1/2 cup to the final rinse cycle. You can adjust the amount of the solution if you are doing a small load of laundry.
2. If you are washing 100 per cent cotton clothes which are white in a colour you can use the vinegar to remove ground-in soil and make the clothes look whiter. First of all, you have to boil the water and keep it aside to cool down. Then you can add one cup of vinegar to the white socks, towels and shirts. You can let the items soak overnight in it and rinse them off. You will get amazing white clothes that smell fresh and looks neat.
Use cleaning vinegar for cleaning floors and other areas
1. If you want to get rid of soap scum from the ceramic tiles, dirt from painted woodwork, or make the porcelain surfaces look glistening, you can use the vinegar. You can create a solution by mixing vinegar with one part dishwashing liquid with two parts water. You can spray the solution on the dirty surfaces and leave it to soak for five minutes. It starts to cut through the grime so you can use a cloth or a scrub to rinse it off.
When you are working with vinegar remember to wear rubber gloves as the acetic acid in the vinegar can cause skin irritation.
2. If you want to unclog drains you can pour at least one quart of boiling water into the drain. Then in a medium bowl, you have to mix one cup of hot water with one cup of baking soda and vinegar. Now pour the solution down the drain for ten minutes and leave it to rest. Then complete the process by adding another quart of boiling water down the drain.
If you want to clean windows and glass mix equal parts cleaning vinegar and water in a bottle and spray on the surface to clean it.
When should you not use cleaning vinegar?
You must not use vinegar in certain situations and on certain surfaces. Here are some of them.
- Do not use vinegar to clean marble, limestone or granite surfaces.
- For cleaning cast iron or aluminium pans or surfaces, you must not use vinegar. It can damage the metal.
- You must not use vinegar to clean knives as it can pit the metal.
- Do not use vinegar on finished or waxed wood surfaces as it can ruin the finish.
- Do not use vinegar to clean electronic screens like laptops and TV. It can harm the anti-glare properties.
Vinegar is a great natural cleaning agent. Today more and more people are using vinegar to clean homes because of its effectiveness.
Also read: Carpet Cleaning – Money Saving Tips For Mom