Cloves are from the evergreen trees that have their origins in Asia and South America. It is a spice used for cooking and also for medicinal purposes in many countries. Moreover, they have lots of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. That is the reason why they provide lots of health benefits for the user. The clove oil extracted from the clove is useful to get rid of parasites and insects from the house. It has anti-microbial properties to act well. Know all the details about the clove uses here and also the benefits of cloves.
Table of Contents
What are the health benefits of Cloves?
1. Good for dental problems
The people in Asia use cloves to treat their dental problems. They take one clove and keep it in their gums to get rid of pain and decay. The cloves naturally contain antibacterial effects. So they can take care of the issues in teeth. The clove based gels created by the experts from clove was able to help people with teeth and gum pain. It was able to cure the issue faster than other kinds of medicine.
Many men and women use clove oil because of its natural properties that can cure pimples and other skin problems. The main cause of acne is bacteria so the clove naturally has the ingredients to take care of it. Therefore, if you are experiencing face problems you can use the clove treatment.
3. Nutrients for nutrition
As a spice the clove has lots of nutrients in it that offers good benefits for the body. That is why people in Asian countries use clove as a part of their diet. According to some researchers, clove can regulate blood sugar. Also, it has traces of calcium, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin C and more.
4. Food poisoning
The aroma of the cloves is a great thing to smell. Because of this, it can help people suffering from vomiting and food poisoning. That is why it is the main component in many medicines to treat food poisoning. This is one of the best benefits of Cloves.
What are the side effects of Clove?
Eventhough if there are lots of benefits of cloves there are also some cloves side effects. You have to know about the side effects of cloves because then you can be ready if you experience any inconvenience when you are using them.
– Some people may be allergic to the good ingredients in Clove. So if they ingest it can be harmful to them. For instance, they may get rashes or other side effects when they consume it.
– The Eugenol in the clove can lessen the clotting of the blood which can increase bleeding. That is why people with bleeding disorders have to avoid taking a lot of cloves.
– Hypoglycemic people have to lessen the consumption of clove because it can lead to low blood sugar levels.
– Some people might experience itching and rashes when taking cloves daily.
– It leads to erection problems.
Interesting facts about cloves
- Cloves are the unopened flower buds of the clove tree.
- They have an assertive taste because of the essential oil Eugenol. That is why they are used sparingly when cooking.
- The cloves can be stored in an airtight jar for up to one year.
- There are good quality whole cloves which are reddish-brown. When pressed they will release some oil.
- They are one of the important ingredients in Chinese five-spice powder.
- The largest exporters of cloves are Tanzania, Zanzibar and Madagascar
- The cloves were profitable goods traded by Muslim sailors and merchants in the Middle East during the Middle Ages.
These are the health benefits of cloves and their side effects. You can take cloves sparingly if you do not prefer its taste.