The shoulder pain is a very annoying situation and debilitating as the articulation of this allows us to interact with the environment effectively. There are several types of injuries that can cause pain, inflammation and paralysis of movement. Also, inflammation can become chronic if we don’t treat it in time.
First of all, you need to know that shoulder pain is more common than you think and, more importantly, that it can be fixed. There are some circumstances in which it is necessary to seek medical attention when dealing with dislocations and fractures. These two situations are generally due to trauma suffered in that area.
Table of Contents
- Common pathologies and causes of shoulder pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Some tips to prevent pain
- Natural remedies to relieve shoulder pain
- 1. Rosemary for rheumatic or arthritic joints
- 2. Lemon against arthritis
- 3. Menthol cream
Common pathologies and causes of shoulder pain
The most common conditions related to shoulder pain include:
- Calcifications in the tendons
Similarly, there are a number of problems that can lead to this disorder:
Dislocation occurs when the head of the humerus (arm bone) is forced out of the shoulder cavity. This can occur as a product of overexertion, sprains or blows. When the ligaments, tendons, and muscles surrounding the shoulder are fatigued or worn, repeated dislocations can occur. These cause pain and instability if you lift your arm or move forward.
The serous bursae act as pads that reduce the friction between muscles and bones. Overuse of the shoulder can lead to inflammation of the serous bursae, causing pain and impairing the performance of daily activities such as combing and dressing.
Tendons are made up of connective tissue fibers and have the function of binding muscles and bones. Tendonitis, or inflammation of a tendon, usually occurs when repetitive exercises are performed without adequate posture; it can also be associated with other injuries, such as sprains.
Fractures are the result of a broken bone. They generally occur as a result of falls suffered by the person or high impact injuries, such as sports or road accidents. They cause severe pain and severe inflammation.
It usually develops due to a progressive wear of the joints; however, it is usually associated with that of muscles and tendons as well as with infections. It manifests itself through inflammation, pain and stiffness.
It is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation in the joints. It manifests itself with pain, swelling, redness and deformation.
Some tips to prevent pain
- You must never exceed the capabilities of your body. If you notice that what you want to lift or carry involves a major effort on your part, it is best to ask for help.
- Be careful when you go to the gym. It is often believed that as you lift more weight, your muscles will strengthen faster. Everything has to be progressive if you don’t want to injure yourself.
- Do regular exercises to improve the functioning of your whole body, preventing the possibility of getting hurt easily.
You have to move each body segment before starting any activity, in order to warm up; if you don’t, you are more likely to harm yourself. Also remember to do some stretches before and after physical activity.
Natural remedies to relieve shoulder pain
Natural remedies will always be great allies for relieving various kinds of ailments and annoyances. If the pain is persistent or if it is a serious injury, you will need to see a specialist as these need to be treated with medical treatment.
Besides the below mentioned remedies, another way to relieve pain is to invest in pain relieving patch. One such 100% drug-free patch is Kailo. It comes with nanocapacitors that are designed to interact with the body’s electric signals and help in turning down the intensity of the pain. Read Kailo review here to understand everything about the it.
1. Rosemary for rheumatic or arthritic joints
- ½ glass of rosemary leaves (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of clove oil (15 ml)
- 1 glass of vegetable oil (250 ml)
- Cotton flakes
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat them.
- Let them start to boil and keep them on the fire for another two minutes.
- Remove them from the heat and let them rest.
- Dip the cotton flakes, put them on the shoulder and wrap the area well with the bandage.
- Leave it on overnight.
2. Lemon against arthritis
For arthritic pain, there is nothing better than the anti – inflammatory properties of lemon.
- The juice of 5 lemons
- A tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Combine the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Take it fasting every day until you notice improvement.
3. Menthol cream
Since we are looking for alternatives that can be prepared at home, below we will propose the recipe to prepare your menthol cream, so that you can use it to make massages that will help you relieve pain and discomfort.
- 1 glass of witch hazel (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons of lanolin (60 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of menthol (90 ml)
- Heat all the ingredients in a double boiler, until you get a thick dough.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool down well.
- When ready, apply it with gentle circular massages.
- Let it work overnight.
Although shoulder pain is a very annoying condition that makes it impossible to carry out daily activities normally, we can relieve it naturally and without resorting to taking drugs. Follow the directions and pay close attention to the causes of this disorder. Although it is a very annoying pain, it can really be avoided.