Hotmail was the original webmail service long before Gmail became the sensation it is today. Like Gmail, it brought people together. Since Gmail has mostly replaced all other webmail services, most individuals no longer use Hotmail. However, for whatever reason, some people eagerly await the discovery of old Hotmail accounts in their possession. If you’re looking for information on accessing your Old hotmail sign in account, go no further than this helpful advice.
Table of Contents
- Methods to get your old Hotmail Account Back
- 1. Use Microsoft’s Account Recovery Form to Log on to Hotmail
- 2. Recover a Hotmail Account Without a Phone Number or Recovery Email
- 3. Use an Old Hotmail ID to Log on to Hotmail
- 4. Establish a Connection Between Your New Email Client and Your Old Hotmail Account
- 5. Contact Microsoft’s Technical Support To Log on to Hotmail
Methods to get your old Hotmail Account Back
You may Log on to Hotmail and contacts in various ways. All of them are described in great detail in the paragraphs that follow.
1. Use Microsoft’s Account Recovery Form to Log on to Hotmail
Old hotmail sign in has never been easier. This can be easily accomplished by utilizing Microsoft’s account recovery form. To be clear, this method can only be used if the two-step verification feature has been enabled. To use the form, you must enable the option.
Using Microsoft’s account recovery form to log on to hotmail, a working email address is required to learn how to recover old Hotmail accounts. Use any email address you like. The one you choose doesn’t have to be personal to you. Now, adhere to these steps:
- https://account.live.com/acsr is where you’ll find it.
- You’ll need to enter the Hotmail address you’d like to recover once you arrive.
- Microsoft will be able to get in touch with you using this email address.
- Next, verify the email address, look at the security code, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the transaction. ‘ Microsoft will get back to you within 24 hours at the latest’.
It’s important to know that Microsoft will cancel your account if you don’t access your email at least once a year. Emails sent to the specified addresses go unanswered.
However, if you know the password, you can reactivate your account. After that, you won’t have problems receiving new emails in your mailbox. After five years of inactivity, Microsoft, on the other hand, deletes the Hotmail account. You will not be able to get it back in this scenario.
2. Recover a Hotmail Account Without a Phone Number or Recovery Email
To retrieve an old Hotmail account in the former scenario, you needed a phone number or email address linked to the report. However, there may be an alternate scenario. In all likelihood, your Hotmail account is still unconnected to your phone or email. Another possibility is that the phone number or email address you used to sign up for your account has expired.
If this is the case, the procedures listed below will help you regain access to your account.
- Take a look at the Microsoft email recovery site. Enter the email address associated with your Hotmail account.
- “I don’t have any of these tests” that should be checked.
- If you don’t provide another email address, Microsoft will ask you for it. So it may send you the code; it wants it. Filling in the CAPTCHA is also required so that Microsoft can verify that you are human.
- You’ll be presented with a form after this is completed. You’ll need to fill in all of your personal information from your prior Hotmail account in this one. It contains information such as your birth date, place of residence, name, and so on.
- Microsoft will be able to verify that you are the legitimate owner of the account based on this information.
- Additionally, it would help if you use the same phone or computer and the exact location (IP address) as you previously used Hotmail to access your account.
- Your provided information and Microsoft’s previous records will generate a new password for you. To keep you using Hotmail, it does so.
If your given info does not match what Microsoft has, and they cannot determine if you are the account’s genuine owner, you will not be allowed to log in.
3. Use an Old Hotmail ID to Log on to Hotmail
Many people have found it to be a successful method. Using your previous Hotmail ID, you can create a new Outlook account. To do so, adhere to the following guidelines.
- Launch your computer’s browser.
- Open a new Incognito Mode tab after this.
- Follow the steps on the screen to create a free account
4. Establish a Connection Between Your New Email Client and Your Old Hotmail Account
Try connecting your old Hotmail account to the new email client and see if the mailbox is accessible. Using a Microsoft email client for this task is not recommended. Follow these procedures to access an old Hotmail account using this method.
- Go to Outlook’s settings page.
- ‘Sync email’ can be found by tapping on it.
- Then choose ‘Other email accounts from the list.
- Connect to your Hotmail account by entering your username and password.
- For Gmail users, go to ‘Settings,’ then “Accounts,” then “Import,” and follow the on-screen instructions. Select ‘Check mail from other accounts and click ‘Next.’ Add your Hotmail account there and see what happens.
5. Contact Microsoft’s Technical Support To Log on to Hotmail
If none of the previously listed methods have worked for you, your final resort is to try something else. It’s advised to contact Microsoft technical support if you’re still having trouble accessing former Hotmail accounts despite following the steps outlined above. You’ll receive individualized service, and you’ll be able to show them that you are the account’s legitimate owner. So, you’ll be able to access your old account.
Do Hotmail accounts expire?
Yes. Hotmail accounts typically remain active for five years or more. Microsoft will allow you to regain access to your account if you haven’t signed in for less than five years. Your account may be deactivated if this period passes.
Where Should You Go If You Have Forgotten Your Hotmail Password?’
A new password can be generated if you have misplaced your Hotmail one through https://account.live.com/acsr.
These are the ways by which you can access your old Hotmail Account. Your query about how to recover an old Hotmail account will be answered if you follow the numerous methods in this post. If none of these suggestions work, we recommend that you contact our Hotmail customer service representatives.