Solar energy brought the disruption in the power industry that was needed for many decades. The growing concern over increased carbon emissions and climate change pushed this disruption forward. Today, solar energy is considered one of the most environmentally friendly solutions available to us.
If you are interested in adopting solar power solutions and want to know how solar energy transforms the power industry, this article is for you. Below, we have explained how solar is bringing a complete overhaul to the power industry. Read on.
How Solar Energy is Different?
There are unique benefits to choosing solar energy over traditional forms of energy. These are:
- Cost Effectiveness: The cost of utility energy was always a concern in developing regions. But solar energy has solved this problem as it is more cost-effective. In recent years, the cost of solar panels has also been reduced drastically. The benefits of this cost-effectiveness go directly into the pocket of consumers.
- Individual Independence: Earlier, most homes and businesses were completely dependent on the traditional energy grid. But the arrival of solar energy has reduced the dependency of businesses and households on the grid. Now, even if the grid becomes out of service for some reason, individuals can avail of electricity in the form of solar energy.
- Curb on Carbon Emissions: Solar energy is a renewable source of energy that is clean and produces no harmful gases during its production or use. If you use solar energy at your home or office, you can reduce your carbon footprint by a significant amount.
- Creation of Local Jobs: Job creation is a lesser talked-about impact of solar energy on the power industry. Since the traditional power industry is well-established, it creates new jobs at a lesser rate. But the solar power industry is relatively new and hence creates a lot of local jobs for the production, installation, and management of solar systems.
- Improvement in Grid Stability: A large number of grid problems happen due to the high demand for electrical energy during peak hours. But solar energy can reduce the load on the grid and hence can improve the overall stability of the electrical grid. Regions with high use of solar energy are seen to experience lesser power outages and blackouts.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Over the past years, the efficiency of solar systems has improved significantly. Now, a solar energy system can convert over 22% of the sun’s captured energy into usable electric energy. The higher the efficiency of solar systems, the lesser amount of traditional energy is needed by households to run electrical appliances.
- Access of Energy to Remove Areas: There are many remote areas where it is not feasible to supply traditional electricity. But since solar energy is available in most areas, even communities in remote, rural areas are now getting access to electricity. This is helping in uplifting communities that were historically marginalized due to their geographical location.
- Continuous Advancement: We are seeing continuous technological advancement in the sector of solar energy. New technologies such as concentrated solar power are making solar energy more efficient than ever before.
Summing it Up
Solar energy is the right environment-friendly alternative to traditional sources of electric energy. Trusted brands such as Luminous are producing cost-effective solar solutions for households that prove to be a beneficial investment. If you want to adopt an energy system that is economical yet efficient, you should consider installing solar systems at your home and office.