Are you a music lover? Well, then you will be happy to know that you can now add a Spotify widget to the home screen of your iPhone. Ever since iOS 14 added the option to add widgets to your home screen, many apps have started offering this function to their users. Therefore, music lovers will be pleased to know that now they can listen to their favorite songs from Spotify within seconds.
In fact, you can also choose between a small widget that shows your last playlist in Spotify or a slighting larger widget that shows the covers of up to at least five of your last played albums, artists, or podcasts. So what are you waiting for? Just tap a banner and return to the song you last listened to. Let us now share how you can add a Spotify widget on your iPhone.
Table of Contents
Many of our readers might not be familiar with the term widget, so let us share with you some of the details regarding it. Well, it is a relatively simple and easy-to-use software application or component. In fact, they are made for one or more different software platforms.
Moreover, these widgets are typical examples of transient and auxiliary apps that do not monopolize users’ attention. They will help you get quick access to those apps you frequently require. Otherwise, you would have to search them again on your phone and then get back to it. However, with the help of widgets, this problem is solved. Now let us look over to how you can add a Spotify widget on your iPhone home screen so that you can easily have access to it.
Also read: 11 Super Handy iPhone 11 Tips and Tricks
Since you are reading this article, it is pretty apparent that you are a music lover; therefore, you want to know how to have quick access to your favorite music app, Spotify. Well, you are at the right place as we will share with you all the relevant details here in a simplistic manner. Now let us look at the steps that you need to follow if you want to add a Spotify widget on the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Firstly, activate the jiggle mode by tapping and holding on a widget or an empty spot on your Home Screen. This is one of the initial steps you need to follow if you want to add a Spotify widget to your Home Screen.
- Now, tap the + sign at the top of the screen.
- After that, scroll down and select the Spotify app from the list, or else you can tap the search bar and type “Spotify.”
- Now select the widget size that you want to add and Tap the “Add Widget button.”
- Adjust the widget placement as per your choice by dragging it with your fingertips.
- Now, tap anywhere to exit the jiggle mode.
Well, you could probably see that the tips are pretty easy, so you can now get quick access to the Spotify app and start listening to your favorite tracks. Even though this article entirely focuses on how you can add the Spotify widget to the Home Screen of your iPhone, we will also let you know how you can do that if you have an Android phone. Stay with us until the end to know all the relevant details about it.
So do you own both an iPhone and an Android one? Therefore, you might wonder how you can quickly access Spotify with your Android phone. Well, you need not worry as we will share with you all the steps right here. You can follow them and start listening to your favorite songs anytime and anywhere.
- Firstly, press and hold your finger on an empty space on your Android’s Home screen, and then tap the Widgets section when the option appears.
- After the Widgets menu appears, scroll down and select Spotify.
- You will see that it will offer you a 4×1 widget. Now, tap and hold your finger on this widget. In fact, you have to drag and drop it in the spot you want to complete the process.
The steps are pretty simple, right? Yes, once you drop the widget, it will morph to show whatever song you are currently playing. So, you can now easily use the controls as per your wish. For instance, you want to play a song or pause or rewind it; you can easily do so. At the same time, you can also tap the sing’s name to launch Spotify and move straight to the album or playlist that you are listening from.
Also, if you wish to move or delete the widget, later on, you can easily do so. Just like you do for other apps, you just have to tap and hold your finger on it and move it.
So as we conclude, we can say that nowadays, technology has made our lives easier to a great extent. Widgets are something similar to that. Therefore, music lovers can now have quick access to a Spotify widget in their iPhone at anytime and anywhere.