Instagram is a famous photo and video sharing social networking app. It is now owned by Facebook. The creators of this app are Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and it launched in 2010. The app released in 2012 for android users. With this app, the users can upload media and they can also edit the photos with the filters available in the app. The posts can get displayed to the public but they also have the option to keep their photos private.
The users can see the photos and videos shared by their friends and leave their comments below the posts. Moreover, there is also messaging features in the app. Some of the new features in this app are the reels where the users can create videos by using filter and music.
After its launch, Instagram gained lots of popularity. Then on 2012 Facebook acquired Instagram for US$1 billion. The most followed person of 2020 in Instagram is Cristiano Ronaldo who has 233 followers. Furthermore, the most-lied Photo on this app is the picture of an egg which now has 54 million likes. Many people have become famous because of their photos on Instagram. Some posts and trends become popular because of Instagram hashtags.
The users with a Facebook account may have their accounts connected with the Instagram account. But there is a way to disconnect the accounts. You can follow the process below to do it.
Facebook and Instagram got connected when Facebook bought the app in 2012. But users prefer to keep the apps separate. This will allow them to handle the social profiles separately. For instance, you may not see your Facebook friends in Instagram suggestions if the apps got disconnected.
The steps for you to follow
- Go to your Instagram account on your phone. Click the profile icon on the lower right corner.
- You can press the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Then go to settings.
- In the settings, you have to click account.
- After that click the Linked Accounts.
- Click Facebook.
- Click Unlink Account.
- Then a confirmation notification will appear on the screen. You have to click Unlink.
- The Facebook account will get unlinked after you do the process.
To restrict the interaction between Instagram and Facebook
If you would like to keep the interaction between Instagram and Facebook to a minimum, then follow the steps below. There are options in the app to do it. For instance, it will allow you to stop sharing the posts on Facebook if you post on Instagram. Your Facebook friends also may not appear as suggestions on Instagram.
- Go to the Instagram app on the Ios or Android smart device and click the profile icon.
- Click the menu icon.
- Then go to settings.
- Now tap the account.
- Click Linked Accounts.
- Press Facebook.
- Then turn off Share Your Story to Facebook option.
- Now turn off Share Your Posts to Facebook option.
You can disconnect your Instagram and Facebook feed by following the tips given above.