Do you want to record your most important calls? Then it is easy to do it. But there is some state-specific law so no built-in phone recording option is available on iPhone. That is why many people are attracted to the privacy settings of the iPhone. How to record a phone call on iPhone? Secretly recording phone calls can result in legal consequences. So you need to be careful when recording phone calls. If you have decided to use any of the methods here you have to share with the other person on the call that you are recording it. It’s the right thing to do.
Here are a few ways to record phone conversations on iPhone.
Table of Contents
Can you record a phone call on iPhone?
1. How to record a phone call on iPhone without the apps?
The quickest and easiest way to record a phone call is without using any apps. You may need another device with a microphone that can record audio such as another iPhone, iPad, computer, or portable recording device. You can have a look at the microphone recommendations to get some high-quality audio options. But you have to be in a quiet environment and use the iPhone’s speakerphone. It is easy to pull off. Here are the steps you can follow.
- You can call your contact and click the speaker icon. Notify the other party that you are recording the conversation.
- After getting the consent from the external speaker you can begin the recording.
- Then place the phone close to the microphone of the recording device. You have to stay close to the recording device if you require your audio recording.
- Next end the call.
- Lastly, save the recording.
- On a separate ios device, you can start recording the call using Apple’s Voice memo app. Then on a mac or pc, you can use free audio editing and recording workhorse Audacity.
Also read: How To Fix an iPhone 13 Frozen?
2. How to record a phone call on iPhone using Google Voice?
Google Voice is a free VoIP calling service. It is available in US and Canada. It offers you a free phone number, voicemail inbox, and more. You can make calls domestically and internationally. One of the benefits of using Google phone calls is its feature to record calls. But before doing this you need to take some time to set up the device.
- Download and launch the Google Voice app for free. You have to sign in using the Google account.
- Click search. Choose the new phone number you want to call with the Google Voice account.
- Then confirm the number and click next. You have to enter your phone number.
- Now confirm and wait for the verification code.
- Check your new Google voice setup using the code.
- Open the Google website and sign in to your Google account. Then click the gear icon available in the upper left-hand corner to open the settings menu.
- Select the calls tab and scroll down to enable the incoming call option.
- You will receive a voice call through Google Voice account. Press the 4 key on the dial pad to record the conversation. Then Google will notify the other party that they are getting recorded. You will find the recording on Google voice inbox and download it for safekeeping. Due to legal and safety purposes, you cannot record an outgoing phone call using Google Voice Inbox.
3. How to record a phone call on iPhone using Third-Party App?
TapeACall – For when you need….proof. pic.twitter.com/0ipIhjczG0— TapeACall (@TapeACall) January 5, 2021
There is a third-party app called the Rev Call Recorder. It is a good option for recording phone calls if you live in the US and use a working US phone number. First, you have to download and open the Rev Call Recorder. Confirm your phone number by adding it after getting the prompt. Then enter the code you get. This process can be tough so the app offers a built-in tutorial for it.
Once this process is over, click Start Recorded Call and choose outgoing or incoming call. For the outgoing calls, you have to call the Rev Call Recorder service. Afterward, call the person you want to converse with. After both, the calls get connected click Merge calls to start recording.
For the incoming calls, the process is a little bit different. After the call is complete Rev will contact you when the recorded call is ready for download. The optional paid services transcription services will appear. The main advantage of Rev Call Recorder is that it will show your phone number to the person you are talking with. Your calls will get stored on another company’s servers. But they do not use it for private or sensitive matters.
4. How to record a phone call on iPhone using voicemail?
This is the final method and it depends on the cell phone service carrier. First, check if your carrier permits you to download the voicemail messages. Then launch the phone app on the iPhone and click the Voicemail tab. If you find a list of voicemail messages then it is great. You can download it and keep it on your device.
If you only find the Call Voicemail option you will not be able to download the voicemails. But you can find it in the carrier’s audible voicemail. It means you have to continue calling the voicemail every time you like to playback the message.
If you want to download the messages externally try using the speakerphone method. You can also try a similar recording method by using the features like call merging and your voicemail.
- Call the person you want to contact and get consent to record the call. You can ask them to hold.
- On the iPhone click Add Call and begin a three-way conversation.
- Then call your phone number and get your voicemail inbox.
- You have to wait for the voicemail greeting to complete. Then click to merge calls to begin the reference.
- Lastly, end the call. The conversation will record a message which you can retrieve from the voicemail inbox.
You can record the phone call on iPhone using the points given here. It is easy to do it once you follow the steps.
Also read: Xnspy – An Ideal App to Monitor Call Logs?