Keeping your house clean and free from stains is not an easy task. Sometimes unexpected spilling of juice, nail polish, candle wax, or other things will make you tense like anything. When you have pets and children at your home, it is another headache for you to keep carpets, curtains, and grouts clean. It is not as easy as you think to maintain your home clean and perfect. In this article, we are going to discuss how to get wax out of carpet. This is a common problem that most people face in their day-to-day life.
Hence, let us discuss some useful methods to clean your carpet containing candle wax.
Table of Contents
How To Clean Candle Spills From A Carpet?
It seems to be a daunting task to clean the carpet that contains candle wax spills. But with this article, you can get some idea to clean the carpet using heated and non-heated ways. Here are the cleaning methods that will help you in the best way.
Some of the tools and products that you need for cleaning the carpet include,
- Iron or hairdryer
- Carpet cleaner or rubbing alcohol
- An ice bag or ice pack
- Butter knife
- Paper towel, brown paper bag, or terry cloth towel
1. Using Heat
It serves as the best way to clean candle wax from carpets. It is using a hairdryer or iron. Let us explore the step-by-step procedure for the same.
Using An Iron
- The first step is to ensure that the wax is in a hardened condition
- Now, you need to keep the paper towel over the wax and use the iron for a gentle press over it for just 10 seconds. You can see the paper towel start absorbing the candle wax.
- Then, lift the iron slowly and take the paper towel out. Now, repeat the same process to other areas of the carpet until the paper towel absorbs all the wax.
- Sometimes, you may use the color candle that causes a stain on the carpet. Thus, to remove the stain, you can use the carpet cleaner or use vinegar with baking soda.
Using A Hairdryer
If you are looking for an alternative to iron for removing the candle wax from a carpet, then you can use the hairdryer.
- The first step is to scrap the wax using a blunt knife. You need to try this method when the wax is dry and hard. When you do this, some of the wax particles may still stick to the carpet. Thus, you can vacuum such things up.
- Now place a clean towel over the stain, and use the hairdryer on it.
- Ensure that you use the dryer at a low to medium temperature. This process will help to remove the remaining wax from the carpet.
- Now, again you need to repeat the process until you find the carpet free from wax. Finally, use the cleaning detergent or rubbing alcohol to clean the carpet.
2. Without Heat
If you don’t want to use the hairdryer or iron, you can use other tools to remove the wax stain from the carpet.
- The first step is to collect some ice and put them in a zipped plastic bag. Ensure that there is no hole in the bag and then use it.
- Now, place the ice bag on the stain and press hard to give some pressure on the sticking wax. But you should not wet the carpet while using the ice.
- Once, you do this process, you need to remove the wax using a butter knife. While using a knife, you should not damage the carpet’s fabric. As a result, you can see the wax particles removed from the carpet. Use the vacuum and clear up the rest of the area.
- Finally, you need to use the cleaning detergent to clean the stain.
So how do you remove the wax using greaseproof paper? To remove the wax using greaseproof paper, you need to use an iron additionally. This is somewhat similar to the above process discussed using an iron.
- Fold the greaseproof paper and place it on the wax stain. Press an iron over the greaseproof paper for around 10 seconds.
- When you do the above step, the stain will transfer to the greaseproof paper. You need to repeat the same process until you remove the wax completely.
- Finally, use the carpet cleaner or alcohol to remove the stain completely.
WD-40 means Water Displacement 40, which is a chemical used for many reasons. It will help to lubricate the rusted plumbing tools, remove paint from the floor, smoothen the sewing machine, etc. In addition to its various uses, it also helps to remove the wax stain from the carpet.
- The first step is to remove the wax’s hard bits using a blunt knife. Other left-over hard bits are removed using vacuum.
- Now, you need to spray the WD-40 over the stained area and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Once, you find it dry, you can use the sponge to wipe off the stain.
Removing Wax Stain Using Vinegar
- To remove the left-over stain, you need to use a combination of vinegar and baking soda.
- The first thing is that you need to sprinkle some baking soda on the wax stain. Allow it to sit for more than a minute.
- Now, pour vinegar on the same area where the baking soda is present. You need to pour vinegar until it will dissolve all the baking soda.
- Finally, use a towel to clean the vinegar and baking soda on the carpet. You can see the clean carpet now.
To remove a wax stain using rubbing alcohol to use a cotton swab and apply the alcohol on the stain. Use a sponge to clean off the wax and it is almost similar to the above method. These are some of the ways that you can try to clean the candle wax from the carpet.