You can transform the look and feel of your home with a fresh splash of paint. A new coat of paint can add depth to the overall design of the rooms and furnishings in your home. Contact a trusted painting contractor for a free interior house painting estimate in Denver, CO. With a little imagination, the right tools, skills, and experience of expert painters, you can transform your home with accent walls and highlighted architectural details to create a unique look that you will truly love.
Table of Contents
How to Choose Colors for Your House
The colors of your home’s interior and exterior define your style. Whichever color you choose should add to the personality of your home and the comfort that it brings to anyone who enters. Painting experts agree that when you pick a color for your house, begin with painting a square of thick cards or asking a builder to cut up a spare piece of wood. This will let you see the color of the paint when it is being applied to a surface.
This is the best way to choose colors for the following reasons:
- You can look at them in the room without the confusion about other colors
- You can put them next to the colors you may want to combine with them (For example: when you paint skirting boards, window frames, and the neighboring rooms) so that you will get an idea of how they look
- You can take the boards out with you to see if they match the fabrics and carpets you will want to include in the interior design of your home.
You can learn more about selecting a paint color for your house from many reliable home improvement resources on the internet. Some factors that you would like to consider include what room will be painted, how many windows there are in the room, if there is landscaping outside your house that will affect the colors in the room, who will use the room, and how you want the room to feel.
How Long Does it Take to Paint a House Interior?
When you hire a professional house painter, it will usually take two to four days or about eight to sixteen hours to paint an average-sized room. The process will include preparing the area, priming, and painting. If you prefer to paint it by yourself, the process will most likely take longer to finish.
Remember that the length of time it will take to paint a house will vary depending on factors such as the size of the area that will be painted, the number of people who will be painting, and the tools that are used.
What Should Be Included in Painting Services?
When you need new paint for your home and you are considering hiring a professional painter, you will choose experienced contractors who know what they’re doing. Likewise, you will choose a company that provides a holistic list of painting services.
A complete painting service will include the following processes:
- Help you choose the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms to save you time. A trusted painting contractor should share his experience and expertise in choosing the right color that will enhance the overall design of your home.
- Thorough preparation to make sure that the paint applied will adhere to the surface. A full-service contractor should be able to take care of all the prep work before painting. Prep work includes, but is not limited to:
- Removing wallpaper
- Scraping away old paint
- Repairing drywall
- Power washing for exterior house painting jobs
- Laying down drop cloths
- Taping edges
- Covering or removing furniture from a room
- Looking for, assessing, and repairing surfaces of your home for damage.
- Making all needed repairs like drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, carpentry, moldings, and more.
- Efficient, thorough, and proper painting.
How to Determine If Your House Paint Needs to Be Replaced?
The six signs that will tell you your house needs a fresh coat of paint include:
- Peeling or cracking paint
- Cracks in caulk
- Fading paint
- Gaps or shrinking wood
- Your house will be sold
- The color of your house is outdated
Choose a trusted and experienced house painting contractor to make sure that you will get the look and feel for your home interior and exterior that you desire. Expert painters will also be able to help you choose the right color for your home and finish the job in a timely manner. They can give you a free interior house painting estimate in Denver, CO.