Most people hesitate to buy white-colored shirts, shoes, or anything related to white color. Since they will get dirty easily with daily usage, people often think about buying white-colored things. But for some occasions, white shoes become mandatory, and thus, cleaning white shoes ends with a question mark here. Cleaning white shoes using several things available at your home is easy.
In this article, let us explore useful hacks on how to clean white shoes in detail.
Table of Contents
Easy Methods of Cleaning The White Shoes
1. Using Soap and Water
This method is easy, and most people follow the same to clean white shoes. The things that you need to clean the white shoes include,
- Any liquid soap
- Warm water
- Magic Eraser
- You can use any soap to clean the shoes. The first step is to mix 1 tablespoon of liquid soap with 240 ml of warm water. If you have vinegar, you can also use the same.
- Use a magic eraser to clean the soles and rubber pieces. Before cleaning, dip the eraser into the soap solution and then clean the shoes. You can get the magic eraser from the local department store.
- Now, it’s time to use the toothbrush to clean the shoes. Dip the head of the toothbrush in the soap solution and then scrub on the shows in a circular motion. Ensure that you are rubbing the toothbrush on the heavily stained areas.
- After cleaning the shoes using a toothbrush, you can wash the shoes using water. Once you notice no soapy content on the shoes, you can use a towel to wipe them.
- Finally, you can dry the washed shoes in a well-ventilated area. This will help to dry the shoes completely.
2. Using Bleach As A Cleaning Agent
The next method is using bleach to clean the white shoes. It will help to clean serious stains on your white shoes. But the problem is bleach is a strong chemical that may cause
- Skin irritation
- Breathing issues
So, when using bleach to clean shoes, ensure that you are in a well-ventilated area and wearing gloves.
- The first step is to mix one part of bleach with five parts of warm water. Stay cautious about the quantity of bleach that you use. Moreover, too much bleach will make your shoes turn yellow.
- The next step is using the toothbrush to remove the dirt or stains. You can use the toothbrush after dipping it in bleach water.
- Now, it’s time to use a microfiber towel to clean the white shoes. Dip the microfiber towel and squeeze it out to remove the extra solution.
- Use the dipped towel to rinse the shoes, then dip the cloth in warm water. Again use the same towel to remove the bleach content in the shoes. You can also wash the shoes using normal water.
- Finally, you can dry the cleaned shows in a well-ventilated area.
3. Using Baking Soda and Soap Solution
Cleaning white shoes using baking soda is another great tip for people. It is a timeless hack, and people use this baking soda to clean several other things, such as
- Light or white-colored shoes
- Firstly, you need to mix the baking soda with the soap solution. For one-third of the baking soda, you can use two-thirds of the laundry detergent to mix and get the cleaning agent.
- Never add water to the mix; the mixture should stay dry to clean the shoes.
- Use a spoon and take the powder to apply to the shoes.
- Allow the shoes to rest for at least an hour before you start cleaning.
- After an hour, you can rinse the shoes using a brush to remove stains and then go for washing.
- Finally, wash the shoes using your hand or put them in your washing machine. But with a washing machine, you need to use the delicate wash option.
- You can also add vinegar to the soap and baking soda in this procedure. As a result, you will get ultimate clean and new white shoes after washing.
4. Using Toothpaste to Fight Stains
Another useful hack on how to clean white shoes is using white toothpaste. You will have toothpaste at your home, which you can use to clean soiled shoes. Here are the steps to clean the white shoes.
- Firstly, you should use a wet cloth to wipe the dirty shoes to make them wet. It is better to use a microfiber cloth to wipe it, making the toothpaste form foam while using.
- Put some toothpaste on your shoes and spread them evenly all over the shoes. Start the circular motion to wipe the shoes and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Never use gel toothpaste to clean the shoes, which is not effective. So, you can go with non-gel toothpaste. Now, again use the same microfiber wet cloth to clean the shoes.
- Ensure that you clean the toothpaste using a cloth and never leave any stains on the shoes.
- After wiping your shoes cleanly using a cloth, you can dry them in a well-ventilated area for 2 to 3 hours.
- Instead of wiping the shoes, you can wash them using normal water. But washing shoes will take more time to dry after cleaning. So, you can wipe the shoes using a cloth to squeeze some extra water out.
The Bottom Line
The above article seems to be helpful for you to clean your dirty white shoes. Using vinegar, baking soda, soap solution, etc, helps to clean the white shoes effectively. So, you can try using such ingredients to clean white shoes.
Also read: Must-know Leather Shoe Care Tips