You can play SoundCloud music without ads and listen to your collection offline with the subscription-based SoundCloud Go service. SoundCloud Go is available for $4.99 per month with a seven-day trial. Additionally, SoundCloud provides a second subscription service: SoundCloud Go+, which offers access to their entire catalog and higher-quality audio and has even more features. SoundCloud Go+ has a 30-day free trial that costs $9.99.
If you’re not getting your money’s worth or would rather use a different music service, canceling SoundCloud Go or Go+ is simple. However, as with many other subscription services, you will still be charged even if you delete the app.
If you want to cancel a SoundCloud Go plan, you probably won’t be able to do so through the mobile app but rather on your account page online. This only applies if you signed up for SoundCloud Go through the mobile app; in this case, you will need to cancel on your phone.
Both can be done as follows:
Table of Contents
How to cancel SoundCloud Go in a web browser
If you signed up for Go on the website in the first place, this is the way to do it.
1. Go to soundcloud.com on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone by opening a new window in a web browser.
2. Select “Subscription” by clicking the three dots in the upper-right corner after logging in.
3. The pen-shaped “Edit” button needs to be clicked.
4. Select the “Opt-out of your subscription renewal” in the pop-up window that is below “Current plan.”
5. Click “Confirm and cancel plan” on the following page to confirm your cancellation.
Cancel SoundCloud Go and Go+ on an iPad or iPhone
In some cases, you may have purchased the subscription through the App Store or iTunes.The procedure is slightly different in that scenario.
What you must do is as follows:
- The “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad has to be opened.
- At the top of the concerned screen, tap the Apple ID.
- Cancel SoundCloud Go and Go+ on an iPad or iPhone.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Apple ID.
- Tap iTunes & App Store on the following page.
- Then tap your Apple ID, which will open a window.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the list of options after tapping View Apple ID.
- Click Cancel Subscription when you see SoundCloud.
- You can cancel your subscription to SoundCloud Go and Go+ by following the on-screen instructions.
How to verify that your subscription has been terminated
You can confirm that your subscription has been terminated by returning to the “Subscription” section of your SoundCloud account.
You should see a line with the date your subscription will end, “Expires on,” below “SoundCloud Go” and “Offline and ad-free listening.”This indicates that you are no longer being billed.
Thus as you can see, the process of canceling SoundCloud Go is rather easy. You can easily accomplish all of these if you just follow the steps we discussed here. Hopefully, it will help you to achieve your goals.
Also read: What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat?