SeaWorld Orlando is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Florida. It is a marine life-themed park with many different attractions, including rides, shows, and exhibits, making it a can’t-miss destination for any animal lover or thrill seeker. As one of the largest SeaWorld parks in the world, it can be tough to know where to start with so much to see and do.
But there’s no need to panic about what attraction you’ll visit first or where to find the best deals on tickets. We’ve created a tell-all guide packed with tips on rides, shows, and dining so that you can make the most of your visit and have a blast without any worries.
Here’s the best online park guide for all the information you need to plan a fun and stress-free day at SeaWorld Orlando.
Table of Contents
- Why Visit SeaWorld Orlando?
- What are The Best Rides at SeaWorld Orlando?
- What are The Best Shows at SeaWorld Orlando?
- What are the Best Exhibits at SeaWorld Orlando?
- When is the Best Time to Visit SeaWorld Orlando?
- The Visiting Hours at SeaWorld Orlando
- How Much Do Tickets Cost?
- The Ads-On Experience
- How to Get to SeaWorld Orlando
- Tips for Visiting SeaWorld Orlando
- What are the Restaurants in SeaWorld Orlando?
- Can I Bring My Food Into SeaWorld Orlando?
Why Visit SeaWorld Orlando?
There are many other reasons to visit SeaWorld Orlando beyond the attractions.
For one, the park is a great place to learn about marine life and conservation. SeaWorld is committed to protecting the environment and educating visitors about the importance of animal welfare. In addition, SeaWorld Orlando is a beautiful place to explore. The park is filled with gardens, parks, and walking trails. You can also find a variety of restaurants and shops throughout the park.
There’s something for everyone at SeaWorld Orlando. Whether you’re looking for thrills, education, or relaxation, you’ll find it all at this world-famous park.
What are The Best Rides at SeaWorld Orlando?
- Manta: This roller coaster takes riders through the air and water. It reaches speeds of up to 43 mph and has a height requirement of 30 ft.
- Kraken: The floorless coaster is one of the tallest and fastest in the park. It has a height of 153 feet and a speed of up to 65 mph.
- Journey to Atlantis: It’s a ride that combines a coaster with a water flume for a wet and wild adventure.
- Ice Breaker: This launch coaster is the tallest and fastest ride in the park. It has a height of 93 feet. It features four launches, forward and backward, and reaches up to 100 degrees.
- Mako: This hypercoaster reaches speeds of up to 70 mph and has a height requirement of 54 inches.
What are The Best Shows at SeaWorld Orlando?
- TurtleTrek: This popular show takes place in a 3D dome theater and tells the story of a sea turtle’s journey from hatchling to adult.
- Sea Lion High: A comedy show featuring the park’s resident sea lions and otters.
- Blue Horizon: An acrobatic show featuring dolphins, birds, and acrobats.
- One Ocean: This show is a must-see for any visitor to the park. It features killer whales in an up-close and personal setting.
- Shamu Adventure: This show features the iconic killer whale, Shamu.
What are the Best Exhibits at SeaWorld Orlando?
Sharks Underwater Grill:
This exhibit gives visitors the chance to see sharks up close while enjoying a meal. When you’re done, take a walk through the Shark Realm to see more than 2,000 fish.
It is home to more than 200 penguins. It’s a great place to learn about these amazing animals and see them up close.
Allows visitors to get close to dolphins and learn about their behavior.
Also read: How to Get a Memorial Bench in a Park
When is the Best Time to Visit SeaWorld Orlando?
It’s best to visit during the off-season – from January to March. The park is less crowded during this time, so you’ll be able to enjoy the rides and attractions without long lines.
Also, if you’re visiting with young children, the best time to go is during the week. The park is less crowded on weekdays, so your kids will have more fun.
The Visiting Hours at SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld is open 365 days a year. Operating hours vary by season, but the park typically opens at 9:00 am and closes at 6:00 pm.
The park is open until 10:00 pm on select nights during the summer months.
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
A SeaWorld Orlando ticket includes admission to the park and access to all rides, shows, and attractions. The prices vary depending on the time of year and the type of ticket you purchase. For example, a one-day ticket during the off-season is typically less expensive than a one-day ticket during the peak season.
But generally, single-day tickets start at $105.83 for adults and $125.66 for children (ages three and above). For children below three years, entrance is free. There are also a variety of ticket options available, including:
The SeaWorld Orlando multi-park tickets include admission to Aquatica, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and Adventure Island. Prices start at $137.31 for a two-park ticket. Others include:
- All-day two-park access and a dining deal @ $190.82
- Three park ticket- $170.48
- Three park ticket and dining deal- $250.74
- Four park tickets, including unlimited visits and free parking- $245.30
You can visit the park as often as you like for 12 months with an annual pass. When you purchase a yearly pass, you also get free parking and discounts on dining and shopping. The yearly passes have levels.
- Bronze @ $176.13 + tax
- Silver @ $233.64 + tax
- Gold @ $275.18 tax
- Platinum @ $478.65 o + tax
The Fun Card gives you unlimited visits to the park for the rest of the year. It’s a great option if you’re planning on visiting multiple times. SeaWorld 2022 Fun Card goes at $139.91 per ticket.
The Ads-On Experience
SeaWorld Orlando also has several up-close animal encounters that you can add to your ticket. The ads-on experiences include:
- Dolphin Encounter: The program allows you to interact with a dolphin up close.
- Beluga Whale Encounter: You get the chance to meet a beluga whale and learn about these fantastic animals.
- Stingray Encounter: You feed and touch stingrays in a shallow pool.
If you are a parent of a kid with autism, you would be happy to know that SeaWorld Orlando also has a unique program for families with autism. The park has designated quiet areas and sensory bags, and the Sesame Street Land is specially designed for children with autism.
How to Get to SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld is located in Orlando, Florida, just off of Interstate 4. The park is about a 20-minute drive from the Orlando International Airport. The closest significant highways are Interstate 75 and Florida’s Turnpike if you’re driving from another state.
There are also a variety of transportation options available to get to SeaWorld, including
- Shuttle bus: Various shuttle bus services offer transportation to SeaWorld from various locations around Orlando.
- Taxi: They are readily available in Orlando and can take you directly to the park.
- Rideshare: If you’re using a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft, you can request a ride directly to SeaWorld.
Tips for Visiting SeaWorld Orlando
- Arrive early: The park gets busy, so it’s best to arrive as early as possible. It will allow you to hit the rides before the lines get too long.
- Wear sunscreen: Florida is known for its sunny weather, so wear sunscreen and stay hydrated.
- Check the weather: Orlando can have some unpredictable weather, so check the forecast before visiting.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so wear comfortable shoes that you can quickly move around.
- Plan your day: There’s a lot to see and do at SeaWorld, so it’s helpful to plan your day. It will help you make the most of your time at the park.
What are the Restaurants in SeaWorld Orlando?
There are several dining options available at SeaWorld Orlando. The park has restaurants to suit every taste and budget.
Some of the more popular restaurants include:
- Sharks Underwater Grill: This upscale restaurant offers views of sharks swimming overhead.
- The Spice Mill: This restaurant serves fresh, flavorful food with a Caribbean twist.
- Mama’s Meatball Kitchen: This casual eatery offers delicious Italian classics like pasta and meatballs.
Take note that some quick-service dining options are available throughout the park.
Can I Bring My Food Into SeaWorld Orlando?
Guests are welcome to bring their food and drinks into the park. However, there are a few restrictions. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in any restaurants or dining areas. Additionally, all coolers and bags are subject to search at the park entrance.
The Bottom Line
If you’re in Orlando and looking for a fun, family-friendly experience during your vacation, then you need to check out SeaWorld. The theme park is home to some of the most amazing marine life on Earth, including orcas, dolphins, sea lions, and even polar bears. You can even get up close and personal with these gentle giants!
There are so many reasons to love SeaWorld that it’s almost too good to be true. The theme park has the truest animal theme parks worldwide – with its killer whale shows taking center stage. It also has some of the most realistic aquatic environments anywhere – from the ocean floor to large-scale tanks housing whales and dolphins.
So, if you decide to visit SeaWorld Orlando, check out our comprehensive guide that includes all the information you need to have a great time. Our focus is updated regularly with the latest news and offers so you can make the most of your visit.