Virginia Relay offers cutting-edge highlights planned with the client’ needs as the main priority. Look down or tap the connections to take in more about a portion of our most ordinarily utilized alternatives.
- TTY (content phone) – A TTY is a console phone with a content screen
- Voice Carry-Over (VCO) – For individuals who can talk obviously, yet have hearing misfortune sufficiently huge to shield them from understanding what is being said over a standard phone
- Hearing Carry-Over (HCO) – For individuals with critical trouble talking
- Speech-To-Speech (STS) – For individuals with mellow to direct trouble talking who can hear unmistakably finished the telephone
- Remote Conference Captioning (RCC) – For individuals who experience issues hearing what is said amid phone calls
- Voice Users – Standard phone clients can put and get calls to Relay clients through Virginia Relay
- Directory Assistance and Answering Machine Retrieval
- Call Forwarding
- Spanish-to-Spanish and Spanish-to-English (in-state calls as it were)
Table of Contents
Voice Carry-Over (VCO) permits a client who is hard of hearing or in need of a hearing aid to talk straightforwardly to the next individual on their call. At the point when the other individual talks, a Virginia Relay Communication Assistant (CA) types everything for the VCO client to peruse on his or her content show.
VCO to TTY
The Virginia Relay CA composes what the VCO client says to the TTY client. The TTY client’s composed reaction goes precisely to the VCO client’s content show.
Hearing Carry-Over (HCO) permits individuals with noteworthy trouble addressing call anybody (standard phone or Videophone client) and the other way around. Amid an HCO call, the individual who experiences issues talking writes his or her side of the discussion on a TTY or comparable gadget and the Virginia Relay Communication Assistant (CA) voices the composed words to the next individual. At the point when the other individual reacts, the HCO client listens straightforwardly to what is being said.
HCO can be utilized with guests who use a Video Relay Service. The CA would voice the HCO client’s written words to a translator, who will sign the discussion to the VRS client. The translator will sound the marked reaction straightforwardly to the HCO client. HCO guests can type individually to another TTY client, or call through Virginia Relay and the CA will voice the TTY client’s written words
Discourse to-Speech (STS) is for individuals with mellow to direct trouble talking who can hear finished the telephone. Amid an STS call, an extraordinarily prepared Virginia Relay Communication Assistant (CA) tunes in to everything the STS client says and re-voices it verbatim to the next gathering. At the point when the other individual reacts, the STS client listens straightforwardly to what is said. Outwardly Assisted STS is likewise accessible with a Skype account. Discourse To-Speech is perfect for individuals who experience issues talking due to:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s ailment
- Traumatic cerebrum damage
Remote Conference Captioning
Remote Conference Captioning (RCC) permits individuals who experience issues hearing what’s said amid telephone calls to have a clearer comprehension of the discussion and take an interest in the call all the more viable.
How it Works
Appropriating Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) control to increase over the discussion to content as it is spoken, RCC dispatches word-for-word writings over the Internet to the RCC client, while others tune in on the phone.
To utilize RCC, you require access to a meeting span and an Internet-associated PC, tablet or cell phone. There is no product to download; only a connection to the take after to see inscriptions! Download the flyer to take in more about how it functions.