Yes, you read that right. There are more germs on your mobile phone than a toilet seat in your home. As per the survey conducted in the US revealed that more than 88% of the smartphone users carry their mobile phones in the washrooms, kitchen, bedroom, the office and in public transport, etc.
Even it was also found that people never clean their phones. The reason behind this is people are scared of using water to clean their phones, despite most of the devices are water-resistant now.
Now the question comes how to disinfect these phones so that we do not get infected by any kind of germs or infection. Here we will discuss some of the ways using which you can easily clean your phone.
Here is how you can set about cleaning your smartphones
- Use microfiber cloth: You can sue microfiber cloth to reduce the risk of scratching the screen. A damp microfiber cloth is much better than a hand-kerchief or paper napkins. The bacteria may not die but would get wiped off the phone’s surface.
- Can use phone cleaner kits: You can also us phone cleaner kits which you can buy online. These can be effective to de-bug your phone and its use at least once a day is recommended
- Use damp cotton swabs: Damp cotton swabs soaked in hand cleansing fluid can also be used to wipe away the memory card slots or headphone jacks.
- Mild hand soap: You should try to avoid household cleaning products and abrasive solutions to clean your phone as they are hypersensitive products. If you want to clean your phone, you can use disinfectant wipes at your own risk.
- Water: Use water mixed with soap to clean your phone.
How to do it?
These are certain things which you need to keep in your mind while cleaning your smartphone
1. Make sure you know how water-resistant your phone is and what precautions you have to take while cleaning your phone.
2. Make sure you unplug your phone and turn your phone off. Remove any accessories. Be careful and try not to damage your phone.
3. Mix hand soap with water and be careful while preparing the solution by keeping the right ratio.
4. Now dip the microfiber cloth in the soap solution and remove the excess water before cleaning your phone.
5. Now wipe your phone with a clean damp cloth. Make sure you clean all the sides equally. Never dip your phone into the soap solution even if your phone is water-resistant.
6. Use a dry lint-free cloth to wipe your phone down. Again, avoid using paper towels if you can.
7. Also, clean your sim cardholder with a toothpick carefully and then you are all set to go.
Always remember that your smartphone is your best friend which you like to carry it everywhere. So, keeping it clean is your prime responsibility. Share these tips with your friends too so that they can also know the easiest ways to clean their phones.
Featured image source: Getty Images