Do you want to make a fake ID card? Creating one for amusement or to showcase your graphic design abilities is simple. We’ll demonstrate how to create a fake ID quickly and easily using an existing ID card and/or a state or regional ID template and how to print your ID on authentic-looking materials. Don’t try using or selling the ID you’ve made because doing so might result in jail time and fines of thousands of dollars.
Continue reading to learn how to create a fake id!
Table of Contents
- Making a Simple Fake ID Out of Cardstock
- 1. Scan the front and the back of an ID
- 2. Use photo-editing programs like Photoshop to access the front of your ID
- 3. Paste a new photo over the current ID image if you scan someone else’s ID
- 4. Identify the font used in the ID by searching online and comparing it to change your ID
- 5. Cover type by copying and pasting the background over old text
- 6. Change the name, code, birthdate, or license number
- 7. Print the front and back of your fake ID on heavy cardstock and cut them out
- 8. Glue the sides of fake ID together and let it dry
- 9. Laminate the ID using a laminator
Making a Simple Fake ID Out of Cardstock
1. Scan the front and the back of an ID
If the person’s measurements, hair color, and eye color match, you may either use their ID and modify the image or use your ID and change the text. You must scan the ID using a scanner regardless of your selected option. Make sure the ID’s barcode matches up with the ID on the front by scanning the back side of the ID as well.
- With the information on the front, the barcode on the reverse is encoded. The state, license number, and other unaltered information should still be displayed even if the text has been changed.
2. Use photo-editing programs like Photoshop to access the front of your ID
Use an online image editor such as Sumo Paint or Paint.Net if you don’t know how to use it or don’t have access to image-editing programs like Photoshop, GIMP, or Photoscape. For ID adjustments, open the image in your preferred program.
3. Paste a new photo over the current ID image if you scan someone else’s ID
Open the image you’ll be using to swap out the current one. The photo should be cropped to a size comparable to the ID’s original photo. In the same project as the scanned ID, export the new photo to a different file and open it. Drag it over the original image when you are happy with the placement.
- Alternatively, you can overlay the new photo over the ID’s photo area and use the crop tool in your application to remove the image’s sides.
- In the right-click menu, select the layers tab if your new photo won’t appear in front of the ID. To make it lay on top of the ID, select “front” or “bring it to the front.”
- Use a tripod and a camera if you need to take a fresh photo specifically for your new ID. A drape or bedsheet of the same color should be behind you to mimic the background on the original ID.
4. Identify the font used in the ID by searching online and comparing it to change your ID
Determine what typeface your font uses first if you scanned your ID and want to modify the text. If your state or department’s information is online, you can check to see if it’s there, or you can just compare it by opening the ID next to a selection of popular typefaces.
- The font used on many older licenses is Courier with slab serif.
5. Cover type by copying and pasting the background over old text
Change any letters or numbers you desire using the “clone stamp” or “clone tool.” Zoom in on the ID and copy the space adjacent to the letter or number you want to change. To make it appear as though the cloned background element was never there in the first place, move it over the letter and number and place it in that location. To replace any letters or numbers, add a search box over them before typing new values.
- Instead of replacing the existing text, you can zoom in and edit it. By cloning stamping the upper portion of an 8 on the right, you can make an 8 into a 6. Similar to how you may change a 6 into an 8 by copying and pasting the lower loop’s bottom right corner into the opening,
- The outcome will look awful if you intend to change entire lines of text. Because most IDs have complex backgrounds, the clone tools in editing programs will only function on a limited scale; try to change as few of the text fields as you can.
- Before entering any new text, ensure the base is aligned with the ID’s other characters.
6. Change the name, code, birthdate, or license number
To reduce the amount of text that needs to cover, modify as few text fields as feasible. However, you might not have many options if the details don’t match the picture. Adjust the ID’s height, eye color, and hair color to match the person who will be using it. You don’t need to update these details if the ID is only being used for novelty purposes.
- Enter your full name without any punctuation. You should abbreviate something only when it’s something like “Thomas Jones III” or “Albert Smith Jr.”
- Use a realistic birth year. If you appear to be in your 20s, change the birth year to 1951.
7. Print the front and back of your fake ID on heavy cardstock and cut them out
Acquire matte, heavyweight cardboard between 100 and 130 lb (45–59 kg)—print both the front and back of your ID on the same piece of cardstock. Use a utility knife and a straightedge to cut them out.
- A 500-sheet quantity of a certain type of paper is called “cardstock” if it is hefty. The heaviest print that can likely be printed at home on a typical printer is 130.
8. Glue the sides of fake ID together and let it dry
When using glue, choose a strong adhesive. With a cotton swab or small nozzle attachment, spread it out against the underside of each half. Smooth each side by squeezing it between your fingers, moving them to the edge, beginning from the middle, then carefully pressing the two halves together. The ID can be flattened while it dries by being placed beneath a large object.
- Don’t touch your ID again for 4 to 8 hours.
9. Laminate the ID using a laminator
Turn on the laminator and set the temperature to medium-low. Put your ID into the opening and let it pass through the laminator. Before handling it, give it five to ten minutes to cool. After removing it and trimming the extra laminate, you have a fake ID.
- Depending on the brand and type, your laminator might need to warm up for a few minutes before use.
- Use a utility knife or a pair of scissors to cut the laminate.
Note: Creating or Using a fake id is prohibited in most places, so we don’t encourage you to make a fake id card.
Also read: Mistakes to Avoid When Sending Text Messages