Want to log in to YouTube? Any Google or Gmail account can be used to access YouTube. You do not need to be logged in to watch videos on YouTube. However, you may subscribe to channels, like videos, get personalized recommendations, get notifications, and make your own YouTube channel if you have your own YouTube account. This article demonstrates how to sign into YouTube on a computer and a mobile device.
Table of Contents
Using an Android Phone or Tablet
- Install YouTube.
On Android, you may download YouTube through the Google Play Store. Search for YouTube on the Google Play Store after opening it. After clicking Install, select YouTube.
- Since YouTube is a Google product, the Google account you use to set up your Android phone will automatically be used to sign in to YouTube. To utilize them with YouTube, you can add more accounts to your Android phone.
- Google accounts can be created without Gmail.
- Open YouTube.
Its icon is in the form of a red rectangle with a white triangle in the center. To open YouTube, tap the YouTube icon on the Home screen or the Apps menu.
- Click Add account.
On the menu, it is the third option. You can use the YouTube app on your Android phone and sign in to numerous Google accounts.
- Before logging in with a separate account, you might need to enter your unlock code or swipe your finger.
- Tap the email address at the top of the menu to log out of an existing account on your phone. Tap Manage accounts after that. Choose the account you wish to delete on your phone, then select Remove account.
- Click Next After Entering Your Email Address or Phone Number.
To sign in to your Google account, enter the email address or phone number connected to it. Then click the blue “Next” button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Next After Entering Your Password.
Tap Next in the bottom-right corner after entering the password for your Google account.
- Verify Your Login.
Open your authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, and use that to get your verification code instead if you’re using one. Verify that the email or phone number you use to log in is related to the account. Tap Next to log in after entering the verification code.
- You can switch between your YouTube accounts once you have logged in. In the YouTube app, select the profile icon to do so. Following that, tap your email address in the menu’s header. To switch to a different YouTube account, tap it.
Using a Web Browser on A Desktop Computer
- Open a Web Browser.
Any web browser is compatible with your PC or Mac
- Type Youtube.Com in The Address Bar and Press Enter.
This opens your web browser to YouTube.com.
- Click Sign In.
The blue button is at the top-right corner. The menu for signing in is displayed.
- At the bottom of the Sign In menu, under Create account, if you don’t already have one, click that link. You can do this to create a Google account that you can use to access YouTube. A Google account can also be created without Gmail.
- A profile icon will appear in the top-right corner if you are already logged into another account. For the menu to appear, click this symbol. If you want to log out of the current account, click Sign Out. If you want to log into a different account, click Switch Account and Add Account.
- Click Next After Entering Your Email or Phone Number.
Please use the email address linked to your Gmail or Google account. If your mobile number is connected to your Google account, you may also use that. Click the blue “Next” button after entering your email address or phone number in the field.
- Click Next After Entering Your Password.
Tap the blue “Next” button after entering the password for your Gmail or Google account.
- Verify Your Login.
You will need to verify your login if your Google account is set up with 2-factor authentication. Open your Android phone and hit Yes, it’s me to verify your login if you’re logged into the same Google account on an Android device. Check your email, SMS messages, or Google Authenticator app to get the verification code if you’re using an iPhone or iPad. To sign in, enter the verification code and click the Next button. You will be taken to the YouTube main page once successfully logged in.
- You can change between accounts if you have many accounts open. Simply select the profile icon in the top-right corner to do so. Next, select Switch account. Select the account you want to switch to.
If you want to know how to log in to youtube via computer or your android phone, give this article a read for further information!