It doesn’t matter where you are learning new things always help you to move ahead of the current job. When you have unique skills, it will always help you to stand out among other applicants. Even you are in a high position like a senior-level manager, learning new skills will motivate others working under you. Thus, learning a new skill is not easier without your interest and hard work. To learn new things, you don’t have to go anywhere, as online classes are there for you. Such online classes for adults are always increasing your potential and help you to learn new things. Furthermore, you don’t have to pay for online classes, as some offer you the best education service for free of cost.
Here we will discuss the best online classes for adults for free.
Table of Contents
- 1. SBA Learning Center – For Small Business Owners
- 2. Learnthat.com – For Practical Life and Business
- 3. Coursera – For an Ivy League Experience:
- 4. Learn 2 Type – For Typing Skill
- 5. Free Code Camp – For Learning Coding Concepts
- 6. YouTube – Best for Educational Varieties
- 7. Duolingo – For Learning a New Language
1. SBA Learning Center – For Small Business Owners
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers the best online classes for adults for the new and developing business owners through this SBA Learning Center.
Coming to this free online course, it provides service under three categories such as
- Plan your business
- Launch your business
- Manage your business
This online course covers the various topics for business people such as
- Writing business plans
- Financing options
- The best way how to sell your business
- Recruitment process
- Retaining employees
Thus, if you are developing a start-up company, then you are at the right place to develop and create a successful business.
- Clear, perfect design and user-friendly website
- Covers almost all the topics that the business owners are looking for
- You can watch the online course through its video
- One may need some in-depth knowledge to take the online classes here
2. Learnthat.com – For Practical Life and Business
Learnthat.com is another interesting website where you can learn free courses under four categories such as
- Personal Finance
It has become easy for you to achieve your goals by learning business skills and practical life skills. Here the advantage is that you will get brief tutorials when compared to other online courses. Thus, it is easy for you to learn and grasp things.
- Provides useful job and career classes
- Tutorials are easy to understand with their clear explanation
- Not all tutorials have videos
- Some tutorials are brief and thus, you need to search for some more information
Also read: 8 Best Ways To Learn Spanish
3. Coursera – For an Ivy League Experience:
Coursera provides thousands of free online classes from the top prestigious universities. If you are a college student, then you can learn a lot from Coursera online classes. Here the advantage is that you don’t have to pay money for joining a university through Coursera. However, these courses are challenging but not easy as you think.
Those who are looking for an online course to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree can join Coursera online class. You can pursue a degree in various streams such as
- Public Health
- Data Science
With its vast course catalog, you can choose the right topic that interests you. Thus, you can move ahead at your job or achieve your dream career.
- Courses allow you to learn at your own pace
- Allows to take online classes from schools like Yale and Princeton
- Interactive lectures with videos
- Peer-to-peer communication
- You need to pay for getting the certificates of completion
4. Learn 2 Type – For Typing Skill
Learn 2 Type is the best place for beginners to learn typing skills. Typing skills are essential in today’s tech world. Thus, using this site, you can improve your typing speed and learn to type much faster. You can learn to type faster for free of cost.
This website comes as the right source for beginners to improve their typing speed and accuracy. For adults and teens, this website helps the most to learn typing faster.
- Best for both newbies and experienced typists
- It stores the lessons hence; you can start where you left typing
- Helps to get a typing certificate for free
- The website’s interface has an outdated problem
Also read: Business Secrets for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
5. Free Code Camp – For Learning Coding Concepts
If you are interested in programming, then ‘Free Code Camp’ will help you to learn coding concepts for free. This website is mainly built for programmers to develop their coding knowledge. This platform offers
- Coding videos
- Interactive coding lectures
- Articles related to programming
- Active discussion community (Forum)
According to Free Code Camp, almost 40,000 of its students learned coding and entered the big companies to work like Amazon, Apple, Google, and Microsoft. Thus, if you are looking to join such an international company, Free Code Camp is the best place to start.
- A supportive community and offers coding tutorials
- Comes with a search database for finding a coding topic
- Option to choose the programming language that you want to learn
- With its vast offerings, you may feel overwhelming
6. YouTube – Best for Educational Varieties
One of the best sources for getting rich learning materials is YouTube. It has education-related YouTube channels as well as useful video content. To get knowledge of any subject, you need to enter it in the search function. Soon after entering it, you will get hundreds of results.
On the YouTube platform, there are some professionals and experts available to teach your various subjects. You can even get college lectures and other tutorials as well. Some of the popular channels on YouTube where you can learn a lot include
- Crash Course
- Ted-Ed Channel
- National Geographic Channel
With Crash Course, you can get interesting educational videos starting from entrepreneurship to AI. Coming to the Ted-Ed Channel, you will get videos related to complex topics in an easy way. Needless to say, the National Geographic Channel provides videos about the environment and nature. Thus, you will have endless opportunities to learn new concepts on this platform.
- Benefits students with its excellent educational channels
- Easily get college lectures to understand
- For all topics, get free tutorial videos
- There are no cons so far
7. Duolingo – For Learning a New Language
Duolingo is the best place to learn new languages. With its perfect instructions and tutorials, one can easily learn your language soon. One can use this website for free or even download the apps on your Android or iOS phone.
For watching online classes for adults without advertisements, you need to upgrade to Duolingo plus.
- Easy to use and user-friendly website and applications
- Learning a language is not difficult but adds fun elements to it
- You can’t learn all the languages, as some languages are not available. For instance, you can’t learn the Chinese language if you speak German.
In this article, you may get an idea about some free online courses websites for adults available on the net. In addition to these websites, some more websites are available to learn new things such as Harvard Online Classes for adults, Kadenze, FutureLearn, Khan Academy, Udemy, General Assembly, edX, and many more. Based on your interest to learn specific things, you can choose the right online course to improve your career as well as job.