In bowling, one will have a lot of fun playing this game with their friends. Sometimes, it is a serious competitive game but easy to learn how to bowl. One should learn the various facts behind this game to understand the proper technique and gameplay concepts.
In this article, let us discuss how to bowl to get the best possible result when you are playing. Additionally, learn the basic bowling etiquette in this game.
Table of Contents
- Know The Basics of Bowling for Beginners
- How To Bowl Perfectly?
- How do You Improve The Bowling Game Skills?
- Bowling Etiquette
- The Bottom Line
Know The Basics of Bowling for Beginners
1. Pick Up The Right Size Ball
The bowling ball weight is around 11-12 pounds for men, but for men, it is around 14-15 pounds. So, the ball’s weight matters greatly compared to finding a snug fit.
Generally, heavier balls will knock all the pins with great force. You can look for holes in the ball to hold it with a grip before bowling it with great force. So, check for the ill-fitting finger holes to steer the game.
2. Keeping Your Swing Relaxed
While swinging the ball, never push too much muscle, as it will result in a slower throw. So, you must relax and take a deep breath before swinging the ball. You need to know where to position the ball and swing it carefully.
3. Understanding Your Speed
You should start at chest level if you want a slow approach to bowling the ball. If you want to bowl fast, you should start somewhere between your waist and thigh. This means that your swing takes a lengthy approach to complete the process.
How To Bowl Perfectly?
1. Get The Bowling Alley
Visit online to get the best bowling alley that suits your requirements. Then, find a place that teaches about bowling for beginners. After choosing the right bowling alley, you need to visit the place. You can either alone or with a group of friends.
2. Precautions Before Bowling
You need to get some shoes at the alley; they can be rental shoes or your shoes. You can’t wear street shoes, which won’t work, and stick to the floor. Thus, you can use bowling shoes to bowl quickly. Always wear socks while visiting the bowling alley. Some bowling alleys sell socks, but they are a little expensive.
3. Get The Right Ball
Before you start bowling, you must choose the right side of the ball that you can hold easily. One can see the weight of the balls labeled onto it with “8”. Such a ball weighs 8 pounds; thus, you can choose the right weight ball.
4. Finding Your Bowling Lane
Soon after you enter the bowling alley and put on your shoes, you must stand near the bowling lane. Always choose the lane that has fewer people. But you can do better bowling if some good bowlers surround you.
5. Begin Bowling
To start bowling, you need to pick up your ball, move to the right spot, and stand near the bowling lane. Place your ring, middle finger, and bottom hole on the top 2 holes of the ball using your thumb. Hold the ball in such a way that your hand should be present underneath the ball.
Move that bowling hand slightly to the side while the other hand rests down the bottom for support. If you are right-handed, place your thumb on the ball’s top 10:00 position. But for left-handed people, use the 2:00 position.
6. Reach Near The Foul Line & Bowl
While bowling, you need to maintain a standard approach. In such an approach, you need to stand straight with your back. Then, the shoulders should face the target squarely with slightly bending knees. Your hand having the ball should face straight down with your back slightly tilted forward.
7. Aiming To Bowl
After developing your bowling skills, you can aim left or right side to finish the target. After achieving the right standing approach, you must aim at the target to bowl perfectly.
The lane will have a series of dots 7 feet which you need to focus on while bowling. For a beginner, the center position of these marks is the right place to bowl.
8. Release The Ball Finally
After aiming for the target, you can bowl with relaxation by following the standing approach. While releasing the ball, never get frustrated. Also, refrain from bowing forcefully to hit the target; it will not work.
Always aim to bowl perfectly with great relaxation and release the ball freely. Before taking the ball, ensure that you don’t have wet hands. While bowling, you should have dry hands completely.
How do You Improve The Bowling Game Skills?
- The best way to improve your bowling is by watching bowling on TV. Always watch how the professionals play and hit the target perfectly. You can just do a trial at your home before trying at Bowling Alley.
- You can get help from professionals or coaches if you are a beginner.
- Another way to develop your bowling skills is by joining the bowling league.
- Always release the ball standing behind the foul line. Never try to cross the foul line.
- You can’t change the ball during the game.
- The game has 10 frames, and the maximum score is 300.
- One needs to follow the proper dress code, like socks, shoes, etc. So, you need to wear socks and then put on your bowling shoes.
- Get ready to bowl when you find the pins are set but wait until the machine sets the pin properly.
- Step out of the approach soon after releasing the ball.
- Concentration is crucial while bowling; thus, avoid any distractions.
The Bottom Line
This is all about how to bowl perfectly and the bowling etiquette rules.
Also read: James Sieckmann’s Short Game Workaround