When kids started to learn multiplication, they will need some free printable multiplication charts for sure. Such charts come as precious tools for them. With the help of such charts, they can analyze the multiplication concept easily. In this article, let us discuss more about the multiplication chart and times tables available on the net.
Table of Contents
- Printable Basic Times Table Chart
- Tips for Using a Times Table Chart
- What is Multiplication?
- How to read a Multiplication Chart and Multiplication Table?
- Did the Order of the Terms in Multiplication will not Matter?
- What to Look for While Filling a Blank Multiplication Chart?
- Printable Multiplication Grid Charts
- Tips for Using a Multiplication Grids
- Learning Times Tables
Printable Basic Times Table Chart
At a young age, students began to learn multiplication in everyday life. The easiest way to teach students how to multiply is known as multiplication chart or multiplication times tables. It eases the memorizing process of students and thus, the students can come up with the right answers to these equations quickly.
In a basic printable times table chart, you will get the multiplication equations starting from 1 to 20 on a single page. To memorize the basic multiplication equations, this chart helps the kids a lot. They can also use this chart as a reference to check their mathematical work.
Tips for Using a Times Table Chart
The times table chart is a pretty useful tool and also a straightforward chart to learn the equations easily. But it depends on kids how they use some patterns to learn and grasp the equations quickly. Here are some tips about it.
- One can highlight the multiples of 3 on the entire chart in some color to give an idea for kids.
- Kids can even highlight other multiples like 5, 10, etc. in different colors to grasp the concept.
- It is better that you fold the chart into ¼ portions in terms of rows. This will show kids only the multiples for five numbers for effective learning.
What is Multiplication?
Students should first understand what multiplication before memorizing the equations is. The best way to teach kids multiplication is by telling them ‘groups of’ rather than ‘times.’ Tell your students that when they multiply, they are adding some groups of numbers together.
For instance, 5 x 4, can be explained as 5 groups of 4
Adding 5 four times together
5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20
Multiplication is a shortcut way of adding numbers in groups together. This method will make students understand why the multiplication is done.
How to read a Multiplication Chart and Multiplication Table?
Multiplication charts and multiplication tables’ working procedure is like a Bingo board. So, the number present inside the box depicts the product of the corresponding row and column.
For instance, 5 x 4 = 20
Now, you just try to understand how easily can fill the multiplication table. You can just the number in the box that is equal to the multiplication of the corresponding column and row.
Did the Order of the Terms in Multiplication will not Matter?
As you should know the fact, the multiplication is always commutative, thus, the order of the terms doesn’t need to consider at all.
4 x 9 = 36
And it is the same for the changed terms 9 x 4 = 36.
So, here changing the order of the terms in a product does not matter at all. Whatever the order is the multiplication numbers should be the same to get the same outcomes. This is the true fact that when multiplying integers together in the product.
What to Look for While Filling a Blank Multiplication Chart?
Whenever you are filling the multiplication chart, you must consider the patterns. For instance, consider the 5 multiplication table and consider the patterns. The order increases by five and it is easy to fill the table. This kind of pattern works for certain multiplication tables like 10 times table, 15 times table, etc.
Printable Multiplication Grid Charts
To make the kids, understand the multiplication process easier, you can teach the multiplication grid chart. It helps for a better understanding of multiplication. In order to use the grid, first, have a look at the first column number, then look across that row for getting multiples of the number.
Kids can analyze the patterns in the table as a better way to understand the multiplication product.
Tips for Using a Multiplication Grids
When your kids first see the multiplication chart, they will feel hard and vague. So, you need to explain the chart in an easy way rich with fun activities for better understanding.
- Give them one row filled with product results and leave them with your kids to fill the rest of all.
- Explore easy patterns like any number multiplied by 0 is equal to 0, any number multiplied by 1 is equal to the same number, and any number multiplied by 5 will result in a sum ending in either 0 or 5.
- Give students a laminated grid and ask them to perform a group activity.
- Color the rows or columns using different colors to differentiate the trend.
- Explain to kids the use of a grid to fill the multiplication chart.
Learning Times Tables
Nowadays, young kids need to learn multiplication equations that seem to be difficult for them. To help kids, printable multiplication tables are much helpful. Use the right materials for kids to teach the multiplication concept in the easiest way.
This is all about the uses of printable multiplication charts and times tables available on the net. Go through the article to teach the kids about the multiplication concepts in the easiest way.
Also read: How to Remember Multiplication Tables?