Money orders are easy to fill in your basic information if you know how to fill out a MoneyGram Money order correctly, and most people make use of such money orders commonly. Commonly, the money orders use any one of these brand names, such as
- Western Union
- U.S. Postal Service
Money orders have several advantages over other methods. They are easy to get as cash, and individuals can get cash without requiring any accounts. As soon as the sender fills in the recipient details and sends the cash, the payee can take the cash from this money order.
While paying the bill, one may require an account or invoice number to reach the payment correctly. If you cancel the money order, it may take 30 days to get your money back. In this article, let us discuss how to fill out a MoneyGram Money order easily.
Table of Contents
- How To Fill Out A MoneyGram Money Order?
- Step 1: Confirming The Recipient About Money Order Mode Of Payment
- Step 2: Finding Out The MoneyGram Branch
- Step 3: Consider The Online Money Order Option
- Step 4: Filling Out The Details
- Step 5: Sign The Money Order
- Step 6: Fill Out Your Address
- Step 7: Putting In Your Account Number
- Step 8: Do The Payment
- Sending A Money Order Online:
How To Fill Out A MoneyGram Money Order?
Step 1: Confirming The Recipient About Money Order Mode Of Payment
Money orders are a great form of payment that provides the recipient a guarantee of receiving the payment. In the case of a money order, both the sender and receiver will not face any issues with money.
Before making the payment, check whether the receiver can accept this payment mode. Thus, before starting the procedure, you should ask the person whether a money order is an acceptable form of payment or not.
Step 2: Finding Out The MoneyGram Branch
If you cannot locate the MoneyGram branch in your area, you can browse the net to get the details. The site will show you a MoneyGram locations list. It is easy to locate the place on the map and get directions. Then, reach your nearest MoneyGram Money Order branch.
Step 3: Consider The Online Money Order Option
You can consider the online method if you can’t find the right location or couldn’t visit the branch due to lack of time. MoneyGram offers you an online money order option for easy money transfer. Again, you need to confirm with the recipient about this mode of payment instead of the physical method.
Step 4: Filling Out The Details
On your money order form, you will see a line saying, ‘Pay to the order of.’ Here is where you need to fill in the recipient’s name of the money order. You can fill in either the person’s or company’s name in that field.
It will authorize the sender to deposit the money into the recipient’s account. You need to fill in this section as soon as you get the money order. If you fill like this, no one can use this money order or steal the money order from you.
Step 5: Sign The Money Order
Most people need help determining where to sign their name on the money order. Some people think they should sign the name on the money order form’s back side. However, you should not sign or fill in details on the back side; you need to leave it blank.
So, how to fill out a MoneyGram money order, and where should one sign their name? Usually, money orders come with a section with a field, ‘Purchaser’s Signature.’ Since you only purchased this order to send money, you must sign it in that field. This section can also be available as
All the above fields depict the same meaning of where the purchaser needs to sign their name. Now, you will get about the fact that where you need to provide your signature.
Step 6: Fill Out Your Address
Some people may wonder why they need to provide the address on the money order. Providing the address will help the recipient to contact you if they face any issues with the money order.
So, how to fill out the address in the money order? You will find an address line at the bottom of the money order. This is where you need to fill in your address which includes
- Street name
- City name
- Zip code
Step 7: Putting In Your Account Number
You need to provide your account number to make a bill payment using the money order. You need to provide the account number in the section named ‘Payment for/account number.’
You should still mention your account number if you didn’t find such a section in the money order. You can mention it at the top or bottom of the money order. This will help to make sure that you are paying the amount to the recipient or not.
Step 8: Do The Payment
Some money orders may require you to provide the processing fee as well. After finishing the money order process, you must store the receipt safely and securely. This receipt will help you if your money order gets stolen or lost. Even you can use the tracking number to track the money order status online.
Sending A Money Order Online:
- Firstly, you need to open the MoneyGram website and choose the country of the recipient to receive the money. Under ‘Receive Option’, you will find ‘Pick up any agent – USD.’ You must enter the ‘Amount’ to send to the recipient. Enter the amount in this format ’25.00.’
- Secondly, you need to consider the transfer speed. It depends on which mode you use to pay the recipient. For instance, a credit or debit card will transfer the money within 10 minutes. But for the bank account, it may take three business days.
- The next step is to sign up for a MoneyGram account if you don’t have one. Otherwise, you can enter your mail ID and password to log into the account.
- Then, you need to provide the recipient’s data, like contact details. You can also send messages to the recipient of up to 40 characters.
- Finally, you will provide the payment information. You can use a card or bank account to provide the bank details. After filling in such details, the money order process will get completed.
This article guides you on easily filling out a MoneyGram Money order. Go through the article to get the difference between the physical and online methods of filling out a MoneyGram Money Order.