Snapchat is a social media application that is quite popular these days. It carries a tagline that life is more fun when you live in the moment. Snapchat is an application is used to share photo messages with your loved ones.
However, the messages sent on this application disappear once you open them. So, in this article, we will take you through how to open a message on Snapchat secretly. We will also deal with how to half-swipe on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Snapchat
What is Snapchat? If you are someone who is wondering what is Snapchat or what does it do? Here is a gist of the application.
As the name of the application tells us Snapchat is a picture-sharing application. We can use this app to share moments in our life with our loved ones in the form of pictures. Even more, Snapchat is considered one of the fastest and funniest ways to share moments in our life. One small example of how to use Snapchat is as follows:
Suppose one day you see the sky is clear and the weather is just perfect, so you can take a snap of this and share it with anyone you like. Therefore, Snapchat is a way of sharing beautiful or precious moments in your life with your loved ones.
However, the messages sent or received on Snapchat disappear once they are opened by the sender. Further, on opening the message the person who sent you the message gets intimated. So, if you are looking for a way to secretly open a Snapchat message, we have the answer to it.
Opening A Snapchat Message Secretly
Before we proceed further, we would like to clear up one thing. Snapchat application can be used to send both messages and snaps. But you can only open messages on the application secretly and not the snaps.
So, how to secretly open messages on Snapchat.
The simple answer to this question is half-swipe. Half-swipe on Snapchat is the best way to open messages securely. It is a way where you can see what the sender has sent you without notifying them. Further, half-swipe on Snapchat is a trick that can be learned and used on the application.
Reasons to Half-Swipe on Snapchat
Before we discuss how to half-swipe on Snapchat, let’s answer this question. Why do people need to open messages on Snapchat secretly?
The main reason any person would like to learn the half-swipe feature on Snapchat is simple. It is the best way to see the message without notifying the sender. Usually, when a person doesn’t want to respond to someone, they can always open the message through a half-swipe. Further, this method of opening the message doesn’t notify the sender. So, it gives you the much-required time to think about what and how to reply to the sender.
Activating This Feature on Snapchat
In the first place, half-swipe is not an official feature on the application. It cannot be set in the settings tab. Half-swipe method of opening messages on Snapchat is a trick that you need to learn. Here is how to half-swipe on Snapchat:
- First thing you need to do is not open the Snapchat messages from the notification center. All you need to do is to open the application.
- Next navigate to the chat button on the application which is usually located at the bottom. Also, in case there are new snaps the chat button will have a blue circle on the top of the icon.
- The third thing you need to do is open the chat box and locate the message that would like to open secretly.
- Now, gently place your finger on the bitmoji or icon of the sender. Make sure that you press the icon gently and that it is not a hard press. Now, without letting it go, gently swipe the message right. This trick will reveal the message sent by the sender. Suppose there is more than one message everything will appear.
- Take all the time you need to read the message. But please don’t lift your finger or move it. In case you remove your finger by accident it will open the chat log and notify the sender.
- Now, the final step in the half-swipe trick is to swipe the message that you have opened to the left. Be sure that you have swiped the message to the left side before releasing your finger. That’s it, you have learned the trick to secretly open the message on Snapchat.
Quick tip – a successful half-swipe method of opening messages on Snapchat will still have chat notifications.
With this, we sum up, how to half-swipe on Snapchat. So, next time you are planning to secretly open a message on Snapchat follow this method. Half-swipe on Snapchat allows you the read the message without notifying the sender.