Recovery Toolbox for SQL Server is a product that uses the functionality of an SQL server. Its main function is to restore or fix MDF files for the SQL server of any version. It is paid software that is used by lots of organizations as it has a large number of good reviews. It can run on any Windows versions from 98 to 10 or Windows Server 2003-2016. It is also SQL Server version 7/2000/2005/2008 / r2 / 2012/2014/2016. It is a very popular product that has been created for all organizations that work with databases. It has also been tested by many experts and is trusted.
Table of Contents
How to Use this Program
The program is extremely easy to use. Just follow the instructions below:
1. Download the software from the official site https://sql.recoverytoolbox.com/repair-sql/.
2. Next, click on the downloaded file in your browser or find it in the Downloads folder – just double or single click.
3. Click “Yes” for a message that warns of changes to your device after installing the software.
4. Go through all the installation steps; specify the location where the program files will be located.
5. Run the software by clicking on the created shortcut or find it on the menu.
6. Select or browse for the file you want to recover. Remind you that the format of such a file is written as .mdf.
7. Click “Next” to initiate the recovery process.
8. Confirm your decision by clicking “Yes” on the pop-up window.
9. Next, a window will appear indicating the source of the MSSQL database – you need to click “Next” to select the saving method.
10. Next, proceed to the selection of the recovery method and other options. After defining the necessary parameters and specifying the save path, click on “Next”.
11. Click on the “Start Recovery” button to begin the restoration process.
12. The last page will display the logs of the file recovery process.
As you can see from the steps, the program is very easy to use and can be understood by almost anyone. The program is not only useful but is also very effective in restoring files for SQL Server.
Also note that after the preview of the files that can be restored using the program appears, the user has the option of importing the recovered files directly to the database or the device’s hard drive.
Main advantages and features of MDF Recovery Toolbox
MDF has a lot of advantages. One of these is the fact that the software will restore the database to its original form, which was created before it was corrupted.
Other advantages include
- You can restore unreadable databases that are in the Suspend status – however, this will require additional steps.
- You can repair the damaged SQL server database for different server versions (7/2000/2005/2008 / R2 / 2012/2014/2016).
- You can restore the most important and valuable components of the MS SQL database: information types, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, indexes, constraints, and so on.
- You can also repair corrupted tables to recover .mdf files
- Restored information can be split into .mdf and .ndf files.
- The resulting files can be exported directly to the database on the SQL server.
- It is possible to save scripts to your hard drive.
- The user can export information to a new database.
- You can choose a certain type of data to save.
- The program is also currently translated into 14 languages, which helps to further simplify the process.
- The program also shows you a preliminary list of files that you can use again when you choose to restore a database.
This software is a great way to fix file corruption from Ransomeware Encryption attack. It has been fully optimized to allow the user to fix his database files himself.
How do I Import Saved SQL Scripts into the Database?
There are two ways to save data recovered by Recovery Toolbox:
1. You can save scripts to hard disk – they can be used to create database objects, tables.
2. If the scripts are written in SQL, you can organize sending the recovered data directly to the database.
It is important to remember that SQL scripts are different, even though they are files of the same database. This is due to the nature of the syntax.
Recovery Toolbox software belongs to the category of professional software. It was created specifically for a specific task – recovering .mdf files for a database. This is why lots of professionals prefer using this tool.
You can find a huge number of similar programs both paid and free versions on the internet. I, however, prefer this program because it is safe and it’s easy to use.
You can also test out the free version to see how effective it is for the task at hand.