The Chromebook is one of the best gadgets there is. You may sometimes think of resetting the Chromebook to Factory Settings. For instance, you may think of upgrading it or you may have decided to give it to someone else. Moreover, you may also want to make the slate clean and start anew. Sometimes if you are experiencing a technical issue in your Chromebook the best option is to reset it. Therefore here is an easy process for you to reset your Chromebook to Factory Settings. Have a look at the methods below.
Know how to powerwash
This is one of the processes that will help you to reset the Chromebook. Many people do it from time to time. You can go to your settings or lockscreen to start the process. Search for the powerwash in the settings and press the reset button. Then follow all the prompts that will pop on the screen. This will help you to factory reset the Chromebook. Everything will begin afresh. After this reset, the Chromebook will work like always. You need not wait for a long time.
When you do the powerwash small hardware problems in your Chromebook will take care of itself. You can perform this powerwash every three to six months even if you do not have any issues with your device. Here are the steps below to perform it.
- Hold the power button till the Chromebook switches off.
- Then click the power button to boot it but do not log in yet.
- At the login screen click Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R.
- On the following screen choose reset.
- Now the Chromebook will reboot and then you will be able to see the next screen.
- Then press the powerwash button and then click again for confirmation.
- You can also check the option “Update firmware for added security”.
There is also another method you can follow. Here are the steps for you.
- Firstly log in to the Chromebook and then go to the settings.
- Click the settings which you can find in the menu.
- Then go to advanced settings.
- Here scroll down and find the powerwash menu.
- Click the powerwash button.
- Verify the factory reset by pressing the Restart button.
- You have to follow the instructions that come on the screen for the process to take place.
- Then connect the Wi-Fi and set up the account in Google.
- If you are selling your Chromebook to someone else and want to delete your profiles, this method is the best.
By performing the factory reset settings on your Chromebook you can delete the files in your hardware. All the files in the downloader folder will also vanish. So before you are deciding to reset you can back up the files on the Google Drive or other files. So the files you want to save will not get deleted along with other files.
Resetting Chromebook to Factory Settings is the best thing for your Chromebook because it will work well for many years. You can also do your activities in Chromebook effectively.