Screenshots can be a useful tool for capturing, sharing, and storing information on an HP computer. With various methods available, such as using the Print Screen key, Gemoo Snap or the Windows Snipping Tool, taking a screenshot is quick and easy. But many people don’t know how to screenshot on Windows or on the HP computer.
To take a screenshot on an HP computer running Windows, you can use the following methods.
Method 1. Screenshot on HP Computer Using Gemoo Snap
Gemoo Snap is the ultimate screenshot tool for professionals and casual users alike. With its versatile features, it caters to the needs of designers, teachers, developers, and marketers. This lightweight app is perfect for taking quick screenshots and providing feedback on designs, assignments, or reporting bugs.
- One of its standout features is the Scrolling Capture, which allows you to take full-page or partial screenshots of websites by scrolling and stopping at any point.
- You can also beautify your captures by adding backgrounds, rounding corners, and drawing shapes.
- Gemoo Snap also offers Clipboard Screenshot, which lets you snip and annotate what you want to share and copy it to the clipboard. You can then paste it anywhere you like.
- Additionally, every capture is stored on the cloud, making it easy to access them on any device after logging into your account.
Gemoo Snap, as a free and professional screenshot tool, provides a variety of features to cater to your screenshot needs. Its ease of use and versatility make it an essential tool for anyone who needs to take screenshots at work or in their daily life. Follow the steps below to take a screenshot on you HP computer with Gemoo Snap:
Step 1. Free download Gemoo Snap on your computer. Please choose a function and tap on it, and you can also tap the shortcut key PrintScreen to launch the Quick Screenshot function.
Step 2. Please click and drag your mouse to customize the desirable region.
Method 2. Screenshot on HP Computer Using the Print Screen Key
The Print Screen (PrtScn) key is a function key commonly found on most PC keyboards. It’s used to capture a screenshot of whatever is currently displayed on the computer screen. Overall, the Print Screen key is a quick and easy way to capture a screenshot on an HP computer. It’s especially useful if you need to capture the entire screen without having to use additional software or tools.
Here’s how to use the Print Screen key to take a screenshot on your HP computer:
- Locate the Print Screen (PrtScn) key on your keyboard. It’s usually located in the upper right corner of the keyboard. Please make sure that you have enabled the Print screen shortcuts option.
- Press the shortcut Windows key + PrtScn to capture full-screen.
- Open an image editor or a document editor such as Microsoft Word or Paint.
- Press Ctrl + V or right-click and select Paste to paste the screenshot into the document or image editor.
- Save the file with a name of your choice.
Method 3. Using the Windows Snipping Tool
The Windows Snipping Tool is a built-in screenshot tool available in Windows operating systems (starting from Windows Vista and later versions). It allows users to capture screenshots in different modes including full-screen, rectangular, window, and free-form. Here’s how to use the Windows Snipping Tool to take a screenshot on your HP computer:
- Click on the Start button and type “Snipping Tool” in the search bar.
- Open the Snipping Tool app from the search results.
- Click on the “New” button in the Snipping Tool app.
- Use your mouse to select the area of the screen that you want to capture.
- Once you have selected the area, the screenshot will appear in the Snipping Tool app.
- Click on the “Save” button in the Snipping Tool app to save the screenshot.
Why People need to Screenshot on HP Computer
People may need to take screenshots on their HP computers for a variety of reasons. Here are some common reasons:
- To save information: Screenshots can be a quick and easy way to capture important information such as receipts, confirmation numbers, or error messages.
- To share information: Screenshots can be shared with others to provide instructions or to show examples of something on the computer screen.
- To report a problem: Screenshots can be useful in reporting a problem to technical support or customer service. For example, a screenshot of an error message can help the support team diagnose the issue more quickly.
- To capture memories: Screenshots can be used to capture memories of a favorite game or desktop background, for example.
- For work or school: Screenshots can be useful in creating presentations or reports, or for documenting progress on a project.
FAQs of Screenshot on HP Computer
- Where are my screenshots saved on an HP computer?
If you use the Print Screen key, the screenshot is copied to the clipboard and can be pasted into an image editor or document editor like Microsoft Word. If you use the Snipping Tool, the screenshot is saved to the default location, which is usually the Pictures folder.
- Can I take a screenshot on an HP computer running macOS?
Yes, you can take a screenshot on an HP computer running macOS by pressing Command + Shift + 3 to capture the entire screen or Command + Shift + 4 to capture a specific area of the screen.
- Can I take a screenshot of a specific window on my HP computer?
Yes, you can take a screenshot of a specific window by pressing the Alt + Print Screen key combination.
In conclusion, taking a screenshot on an HP computer is a simple and useful tool for capturing and sharing information on the computer screen. HP computer users can take a screenshot using the Print Screen key, Gemoo Snap or the Windows Snipping Tool. Once the screenshot is captured, it can be saved, edited, and shared as needed.
Also read: 5 Easy Ways To Get Spotify Premium for Free