If you are looking for a delicious Asian-style dish to add flavor to your dinner table, look no further than Kung Pao Chicken. This traditional Chinese dish is made with chicken, peanuts, and a spicy sauce and is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Not only is it delicious, but it is also easy to make.
Kung Pao Chicken is a popular Chinese dish made with marinated chicken, peanuts and chili peppers. This dish is traditionally served with steamed white rice. The ingredients for this dish are simple, yet flavorful.
The marinade for the chicken is made with soy sauce, cooking wine, cornstarch, garlic, and some sugar. After marinating the chicken, it is quickly stir-fried with vegetables such as bell peppers, celery, and carrots. The peanuts and chili peppers give the dish a characteristic crunchy texture and a spicy kick. The dish is usually finished off with a savory sauce made with chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
- 1 ounce hot chile paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 4 ounces chopped peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
In addition to these main ingredients, Kung Pao Chicken can also be customized with other ingredients like mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and other vegetables. It can also be made with other proteins such as beef and shrimp.
Steps to Make Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken is a delicious Chinese dish that can be easily made at home. Here are the steps for making delicious kung pao chicken:
1. Start by prepping the ingredients. You will need chicken, marinade, vegetables, and the sauce.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate with soy sauce and other seasonings.
3. Cut the vegetables into cubes.
4. Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken to the wok, stirring constantly.
5. Add vegetables to the wok and stir-fry until they are cooked.
6. Add the sauce to the wok and mix everything together.
7. Serve the kung pao chicken with steamed rice and enjoy.
Also read: Teriyaki Chicken Recipe