Quality control is crucial for Amazon sellers. This phase ensures that your products are checked before shipping to prevent any product defects that could result in a claim and return of the product. Selling high-quality goods will assist your business in many ways; therefore, you must ensure that your goods meet the required standards. How, though?
Before paying the remaining balance to your suppliers, as a reseller or seller, you must ensure that your products exceed all technical criteria and quality standards.
In this post, the advantages of conducting quality control for all online sellers, particularly Amazon sellers, will be covered.
Table of Contents
- Why Should I Need Quality Inspections?
- Pre-Shipment Inspection of Products for Amazon Sellers
- Essential Features of This Quality Control Inspection Service
- How are Pre-Shipment Inspections of Products Carried Out?
- Benefits of Pre-Shipment Inspections of Products for Amazon Sellers
- What Risks Could You Incur If You Refuse To Comply With Amazon FBA Requirements?
Why Should I Need Quality Inspections?
Dealing with substandard products requires a lot of time and effort. It requires a ton of additional work. Therefore, investing in quality control inspection, which oversees the manufacturing processes, can help you save more time and money to concentrate on growing your company. Why?
Since the supplier can fix the problem or rework the products before it is shipped to your warehouse, you will be able to identify the problem straight away at their warehouse thanks to this quality control service.
These are the most frequent problems we frequently discovered throughout the inspection of the hundreds of products we have inspected:
- Detached pieces
- Incorrect labeling
- Defective design
- Invalid colors
- Damaged products
Conducting quality control checks is crucial for you as an Amazon seller. You can identify problematic products and get them reworked immediately at your supplier base by performing a quality inspection. It is advantageous for you, mainly if you import products from Indonesia or other Asian nations. Because it might occasionally be challenging to return the goods if you discover quality issues after they have gotten to your warehouse.
Pre-Shipment Inspection of Products for Amazon Sellers
Pre-Shipment Inspections of products have a lot of advantages for your company. We’re here to support you in making the right choice. With the assistance of EC global inspection, you can halt the shipment of defective goods and speak with the vendor immediately, avoiding unpleasant surprises after receiving the goods.
Essential Features of This Quality Control Inspection Service
- Learn about the many types of defects and the percentage of defective products.
- Identify and understand the products’ quality and, if necessary, refuse the shipment.
- Verify the correctness of the shipping labels, packing, and markings.
- Check to see if the product is functioning correctly.
How are Pre-Shipment Inspections of Products Carried Out?
When your order is between 75% and 100% completed, and before the goods are loaded into the containers, the pre-shipment inspection of products is carried out. The following are a few things we look at during a pre-shipment inspection of products:
- Quantity and status (still in production, ready, unpacked)
- A comparison of the finished products to the master sample
- Product specifications and appearance (logo, color, dimensions, marking, accessories, weight, workmanship, etc.)
- Packaging specifications and appearance (dimensions, printing, weight, thickness, marking labels, etc.)
- On-site test (assembly check, functional test, carton drop test, internal test, abuse test, etc.)
- Any additional requirements that you might have
This inspection’s objective is to guarantee that neither you nor your customers will experience an unwelcome surprise when receiving the products.
Benefits of Pre-Shipment Inspections of Products for Amazon Sellers
1. It Minimizes The Cost of Shipment
Pre-shipment inspections of products aid you in detecting issues with your products before shipping. Suppose you discover faults after your products have arrived. In that case, it will cost you considerable time and money to rework and repair them. Unpacking all of the products, separating the damaged ones, and sending them back to the manufacturer for repackaging and reworking is time- and energy-consuming.
Pre-shipment inspections, however, allow you to identify product flaws before they are shipped, allowing you to request that the supplier pays for any necessary repairs.
2. Prevent The Shipment from Being Delayed
Quality deficiencies discovered after the entire order has been produced typically result in a long time lag because the supplier must remedy the errors, which will undoubtedly affect your shipping timeline. Pre-shipment inspections of products will save production and shipping delays while providing you with information about the specifics of your items.
3. It Guarantees Better Quality of Product
Due to cost or time constraints, most online retailers may agree to ship goods that don’t satisfy their quality standards. For example, suppose you order decorations to be sold during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday seasons. In that case, your order may not be shipped on time due to numerous significant product defects.
Conducting pre-shipment product inspections provides you more control over the quality of your products and helps you prevent this problem. The factory will pay more attention to your order after learning from this inspection that you are concerned about quality.
4. It Protects The Reputation of Your Brand
Your company’s reputation is in danger if you sell substandard goods because it is more probable that you will get unfavorable customer reviews and product returns. Most e-commerce sites, including Amazon, have a high threshold for quality. If they find out you are selling inferior goods, they could block your company or remove all your listing rights on the platform.
What Risks Could You Incur If You Refuse To Comply With Amazon FBA Requirements?
- If your Amazon listing gets numerous complaints, your account may be suspended or banned.
- Products with incorrect labels might be pretty expensive. US customs may impose penalties on you.
- Amazon has the right to reject taking your goods into their warehouse.
If you’re sick and tired of dealing with product returns and quality concerns, doing an inspection might be the answer. By spending money on inspection, you can save a lot of time and energy fixing issues down the road.
As a result, it will guarantee that your product is of a quality that both the business and the customer will find acceptable. Independent third-party inspection services from EC Global Inspection can provide you peace of mind that your products meet both your standards and customers’ expectations.