RRB NTPC is one of the most applied railway exams as it opens doors to a lucrative career and thriving opportunities. The exam is conducted to recruit potential candidates for the different posts of Assistant Station Master, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, etc. RRB has released around 1.3 lack vacancies in the railways, for which approximately 1.20 crores students from different states have applied. Obviously, competition is fierce! So, applicants need to prepare thoroughly for the RRB NTPC exam smartly to beat the competitors and secure their position at the railway.
How to prepare for the different sections of the RRB NTPC exam?
The exam is conducted in four stages: the first stage of CBT, the second stage of CBT, Typing skill test or CBAT, and document verification. And there are three sections in the RRB NTPC exam. BYJU’S Exam Prep is one of the best sources that will help you in qualifying the exam by providing you study notes, pdfs, test series and more.
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
RRB asks multiple questions from each category and every question carries 1 mark. Students need to attempt every question quickly and wisely as there is negative marking, too.
Here are subject-wise syllabus for the RRB NTPC exam, which every applicant must follow to qualify.
The RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) asks 30 Mathematics questions in the 1st stage of CBT and 35 questions in the 2nd stage of CBT. The questions are based on Decimals, Numbers, Fractions, LCM, Ratio, HCF, Proportions, Time and Work, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Elementary Statistics, Elementary Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, and so on.
- Work to sharpen your basic concepts.
- Once you know the basics, look for the shortcut tricks for rapid calculation.
- Solve the question papers of previous years for a better understanding of the exam pattern.
General Awareness Syllabus
In this section, 40 questions are asked in the first stage of CBT and 50 questions in the second stage of CBT. Questions are typically based on current affairs related to Games and Sports, National and International Events, Art and Culture, Common Abbreviations, History of India, Governance, Indian Polity, etc.
- Read weekly and monthly magazines.
- Go through daily newspapers.
- Stay tuned to online GK blogs.
- Watch the news for quick updates.
- Make notes for current affairs and revise regularly.
GI and Reasoning Syllabus
This is one of the most scoring sections in the RRB NTCP exam. RRB asks a total of 30 questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning in the first stage of CBT and 35 questions in the second stage of CBT. The questions are related to the topics of Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Alphabetical and Number Series, Mathematical Tricks, Syllogism, Relationships, Jumbling, Data Interpretation, Sufficiency, etc.
- Work on your analytical and logical skills.
- Get a good command of the concepts.
- Practice every concept methodically.
- Don’t rush through the topics.
- Make sure to use suitable and smart methods to solve every question.
- Attempt a mock test to improve your accuracy and problem-solving speed.
General Tips and Tricks for RRB NTPC Exam Preparation:
Despite following the subject-wise , students should also be equipped with some general tips and tricks to qualify for the exam.
- Get detailed knowledge of the entire syllabus.
- Create a concrete study plan.
- Make a habit of solving the question papers of previous years.
- Attempt mock tests to improve accuracy and speed.
- Develop a habit of watching the news and reading newspapers.
- Don’t cram; understand the concept and make your own notes for practice and revision.
- Find out your weak points and work on them.
- Dedicate 1 hour daily for the revision.
- Enroll in a reputed online portal like BYJU’S Exam Prep for a failsafe preparation.
We hope this article will help RRB NTPC applicants prepare for the exam systematically and smartly. However, we suggest you enroll yourself in online coaching like BYJU’S Exam Prep for the best preparation. Here, the expert faculty not only guides you but also provides detailed study material, weekly magazines, test series, and much more to stay ahead of your competitors.
Also read: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam Preparation