iPhone packing tells us that it is a product of California, but in real they do not manufacture it in California.In this article you will learn about the Manufacturing areas of iPhone. In this blog you will learn about the assembling and manufacturing of iPhone. When learning about the manufacturing of the products there two main things that come to our mind is Assembling and manufacturing. These two terms might feel similar but it has different concepts or meaning. The word Manufacturing refers to the process of creating the components that are in the iPhone. Apple sells and designs the iPhone but it does not manufacture the components of it.
Let us have a look at where do iPhone parts come from.
Apple reaches to the manufacturers around the globe to make its individual part or deliver them for the iPhone. For every part there is a different manufacturer. For cameras there is a different manufacturer.
Similarly, for all parts there is a different manufacturer.
In assembling the manufacturer gives all parts to the company and Company makes it a product. We also have questions about iPhone made in china or original, so it is going to be the answer to your question.
Table of Contents
Manufacturer of the iPhone’s components.
Since there are numbers of components in the iPhone so it is not possible to list down every manufacturer for the individual component or products used in iPhone. It is also quite difficult to know where exactly the components are made. Sometimes a same manufacturer builds multiple parts at the different factory.
Look at the list below of the suppliers of iPhone 5, 5s, 6 and 6s also some parts of the latest versions
Here is the list to show who manufacturers the iPhone parts.
- The Accelerometer comes from Bosch Sensortech which is based in Germany in US, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea locations.
- The Audio chips comes from Cirrus Logic which is in the US in the location of UK, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan.
- The Battery comes from Samsung with its locations in 80 countries.
- The Camera comes from Qualcomm, which is based in the US and its locations are in India, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Latin America, Europe and many more.
- Its Camera also comes from Sony Based in Japan with locations in many countries.
- The chips for 3GG/LTE networking come from Qualcomm.
- Its Compass comes from AKM based in Japan; its locations are in France, US, China, England, Taiwan, South Korea.
- The Glass screen comes from Corning based in the US with locations in Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Turkey, Dubai, Netherlands, UK.
- Gyroscope comes from STMicroelectronics based in Switzerland in 35 locations/countries
- The Flash Memory comes from Toshiba based in Japan
- Flash memory again also comes from Samsung
- LCD screen comes from LG based in South Korea with locations in China and Poland and also from Sharp which is based in Japan.
- Its Series processor comes from Samsung and also from TSMC based in Taiwan.
- The Touch Id comes from TSMC again or from Xintec from Taiwan.
- The Touch Screen Controller comes from Broadcom based in the US with other locations in India, China, France, Belgium, Taiwan and so on.
- The Wi-Fi chip comes from Murata which is based in the US and in other locations in Germany, Hungary, France, Italy, Thailand, South Korea, Canada, India, Taiwan, China, Philippines.
The Assemblers on the iPhone
All these parts from the companies or different manufacturing companies. They are brought together and then sent to develop them into an iPhone, iPod or iPad. Then these parts are sent and assembled only in two companies which are Foxconn and Pegatro both are based in Taiwan.
Foxconn is the trade name of the company. The official name of the company is Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd. Foxconn is the old partner with Apple in terms of making its devices. It is currently assembling numbers of iPhones in China Shenzhen. However, Foxconn has many factories around including Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Singapore and Philippines.
Whereas Pegatron has recently started building with Apple. It is said that Pegatron has made 30 percent of iPhones in its plant based in China.
Also read: 11 Super Handy iPhone 11 Tips and Tricks