The phrase “what’s up?” is the acronym WSP’s full form, according to Cyber Definitions. You can use this to inquire about someone’s current activities or mental health. You can use it as a social media or text message greeting. Though they are much less often, this phrase also has many additional meanings. One should take caution while utilizing one of the other WSP meanings because it can also be misinterpreted.
Table of Contents
How do You Use WSP?
In a phone call, text message, or in-person chat, “WSP” is used similarly. Someone is enquiring about you when they message “WSP” to you. They are curious to know how you are doing.
It can occasionally be used to determine whether a person is available to hang out. However, friends who frequently hang out together use this way.
Additionally, this acronym can help you rebuild contact with folks on your friend’s list with whom you last talked a while ago. Moreover, it’s for checking up on a friend or member of your family.
When to Use “WSP” on Snapchat?
An informal greeting is “WSP.” You can utilize it on Snapchat in the following situations:
- To inquire about the wellness of a Snapchat friend.
- If you have commitments and want to meet up with a Snapchat user on your friend list.
- If you want to start a discussion with someone with whom you haven’t spoken.
- When you are upset with someone and want to express dissatisfaction with them, you may, on rare occasions, utilize it.
How do You Reply to WSP?
#Share What You’re Doing In Response To “WSP”.
If you talk to this individual frequently, they probably call to see if you’re free to hang out or have a conversation. Tell them of your current activities or indicate your availability if they want to hang out. Further, you could answer:
- How are you doing? Nothing much.
- Just eating dinner. What is happening?
#Tell Your Friend How’s You in Response to “WSP.”
If you last spoke to this friend a while ago, they are probably checking in to see how you are doing. Briefly tell them your current situation; no need to elaborate. Simply say something concisely without going into detail about your life. Consider this:
- ” I’m resting. I just completed my finals and finally got some time to enjoy”.
- ” I’m quite occupied with my work these days. You say what’s going on?”
- “Hey! Same old, same old. Studying for the semesters. What’s going on?”
#Give a Funny or Sarcastic Response to “WSP” for a Close Friend.
It’s okay to act silly if you’re conversing with someone you enjoy making jokes with. Think of a humorous, unassuming response. One response is:
- “Me, since 4 am. I’m exhausted!”
- “Not a thing but a chicken wing!”
Alternatives of WSP Meaning
#WSP Means What’s UP
We use WSP primarily in text messages and online conversations for question-asking. WSP meaning precisely is “What’s Up?,” which is another way of saying “What’s going on?” What’s New? alternatively, “How are things going with you?”
Numerous abbreviations have distinct meanings in other places. Moreover, people in some areas use it as a “Weed Smoking Party.” Hey, are you going to that WSP this evening?
#WSP Also Means WhatsApp
WSP meaning in short is “what’s up.” The texting app “WhatsApp” sounds a lot like this. Because of this, some users use the WSP acronym when referring to the WSP in a chat or during a conversation on WhatsApp.
#White Skin Privilege
White skin privilege may be referred to as “WSP” if you’re taking a sociology course or brushing up on your socio-political theory. Moreover, white skin privilege describes the inadvertent advantages that white people get in Western and European societies.
Sentences like these may be seen:
- WSP has made it more likely for interviewers to contact applicants whose names have a historically white tone.
- “Can you think of a WSP example? How about the language used by strangers while speaking to you?
#Washington Square Park
Washington Square Park, the famous park with the huge fountain and the Italian-style arch – well-known public space in New York City. A statement or text regarding “WSP” may reference this park if you’re visiting or live in NYC. Further, one could state:
- You’ve been to WSP before, right? I am aware that your father resides in New York City. I’ve wanted to go ever since. What about meeting up later at WSP?”
“WSP” may be an inquiry for party information in some circles where something is “popping” if anything enjoyable and social is going on. What’s popping is shorthand for “what’s happening?” Moreover, it’s a casual and enjoyable way to find out what someone is doing. You can receive the following message:
- “WSP? I’m trying to boost it up.
- “WSP?! You have plans for today?
The Bottom Line
You might be perplexed if someone you know sent you a text or message with the acronym “WSP” in it. Do not worry; in this post, we tried explaining the complete WSP meaning and its alternatives. So, find all here about WSP’s meaning by giving it a read.