Crawling babies are like little discoverers who want to discover the world. You may agree with this statement if you have a young toddler or a crawling baby who always opens the cabins and drawers to see what’s inside them. Their curious minds always up for discoveries which can be troublesome for parents.
The baby cabinet locks are best to keep your cabinets safe especially those cabins that contain dangerous stuff like knifes, detergents, cleaners, insect killers, medicines and toiletries. There are many types of cabinet locks available in market and online. In this article, we will explain all the types of baby cabinet locks, so you’ll be able to choose one suitable for you.
Table of Contents
- Types of Baby Cabinet Locks
- Best baby cabinet locks for you
Types of Baby Cabinet Locks
Before buying baby-proof cabinet locks you much know the types of locks available in market. Basically there are four types of locks available in market which are given below:
- Magnetic lock – strong magnetic latches keep the lock shut and it can be open with the help of key.
- Slide lock – best for two cabinets with adjacent knob. It locks both knobs and can be open by forcing two surfaces together,
- Adhesive strap lock – it is a removable lock for heavy duty and can be used for variety of cabinets.
- Spring-action lock – it has spring inside the lock. The latches are installed inside the cabinet and they release when you slightly open the cabin while closes on their own.
This is the general information one should have before buying baby cabinet lock. Now we will discuss about best baby cabinet locks available in market and online.
Best baby cabinet locks for you
We have found 5 best baby cabinet locks for you that are easy to install. Keep reading to know about best baby cabinet locks:
1. Munchkin Xtraguard Dual Action Multi Use Latches Baby Cabinet lock
It is a multi-purpose lock that can be used for cabins, drawers, microwave, toilet seats etc. Crawling babies and toddlers can’t open this safety lock because it contains latches with dual button which must be pressed together to open it.
It is an affordable, multi-purpose lock which is easy to install and remove but it can be pulled off easily because of its adhesive nature. It must be changed often otherwise it can damage your drawers or cabins.
2. Jambini Magnetic Cabinet lock
The magnetic cabinet lock is installed within the cabinet and can’t be visible outside, thus it gives a clean look. The baby-proof safety lock needs no tools for installation and can be installed within 3 minutes using 3M adhesive tape. The magnetic cabinet lock can be installed in any cabinet. It can be open easily using the magnetic key.
3. Secure Home by Jessa Leona Baby Safety Cabinet Locks
It is also a multi-purpose baby-proof lock which can secure cabinets, microwaves and other appliances as well as toilet seats. The size of latch can be changed according to type of cabinet. It is also installed with the help of 3M adhesive. It doesn’t damage your cabinet if you use heat from blow dryer before peeling it off.
4. Adoric Sliding Cabinet Lock
It is a long U-shaped latch that help secure cabinet door handles. It doesn’t require any tool for installation. It doesn’t damage the cabinet and can be open by pressing the two keys together. Pressing two keys simultaneously is difficult for babies and toddlers so, they can’t open this lock. This lock can be used in cabinets with side-by-side knob, refrigerators, cupboards etc.
5. Eco Baby Child Proof Cabinet and Drawers Magnetic Safety Locks
It is a baby-proof cabinet lock which is installed inside the cabin. It gives a neat look as not visible from outside. It consists of magnetic lock which works fine with door 1.75 inches apart. It can be installed up, down or on sides of door. There is no tool required for its installation. It is installed using 3M adhesive tape.
Now you know about the best baby cabinet locks. I hope this guide help you to protect your stuff from the little discoverers.
Also read: Shopping for Baby Boy Fashion