Chandigarh is a hub where most of the Punjabi families reside in a very prestigious settlement. As Chandigarh city is neat, perfectly constructed and due to a number of hearty Punjabis living there, the air is so joyful there, too. This should make every Indian’s chest swell with pride, as BBC has recently named the city the best one to live in, they call it “remarkable ideal”. We summed it up as a utopia.
Let’s take a look at the marvels of this spectacular city which many of you probably didn’t know about.
- The city was designed by a famous architect Le Corbusier. The city has an inspired French architecture.
- Not many people know that Chandigarh is India’s first planned city which is spread in 114.sq m approximately.
- If we trace back the history then it is also a fact that about 8000 years ago, it was a part of Harappa civilization. No wonder, why the city is so planned.
- The city was named after the famous ChandiMandir. This is also a very famous tourist attraction now.
- The city is a dream-child of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- Chandigarh is very green and also named as the cleanest city of the country. Not only is that it also a smoke-free city.
- It tops the list of Indian States and Union Territories according to the Human Development Index.
- The city has its own emblem which is the “open hand” symbol. It stands for peace and reconciliation.
- It is also true, that though the city is divided into sectors, in the entire city there is no sector with number 13. As 13 is considered an inauspicious number.