Bongs are the best way to make you feel high. But if you want to feel the same highs at all times, you should keep cleaning the bong whenever it is needed. When you want to taste a good smoke, you need to use a clean bong. When you use a dirty bong, it will simply ruin the taste of it.
Thus, there are some pretty easy steps and tips available to clean the bong. To have it clean, ensure that you do some basic cleaning and remove the stains and dirty areas of it. In this article, let us discuss how to clean a bong using some easy methods.
Table of Contents
- Things That You Need to Clean a Bong
- When do You Need to Clean Your Bong?
- How Do You Clean a Bong Properly?
- Procedure 1: Try Out This Basic Cleaning Procedure For All Dirty Bongs
- Procedure 2: Eliminate The Tough Stains And Areas
- How Do You Care Your Bong?
- The Bottom Line:
Things That You Need to Clean a Bong
You need some basic things which you will get from the local stores to clean a bong. They are
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Coarse salt
- Baking soda
- Clean water
- Later gloves
- Dish wash soap
- Cotton swab
- Paper towels
When do You Need to Clean Your Bong?
You should know the right time to clean your bong so that you can avoid the bong getting dirty. When you notice the ring forming around the waterline of the bong, you should clean it soon. Also, when you fill some purified water into it and see some weed, resin, or other floaters, you should clean it immediately. As a result, bacteria and mildew started to form inside the bong and cause a dirty smell.
Thus, most experts suggest you clean the bong once a week. But a lot of people do the cleaning work of bong every day. Such people use normal water to clean it soon after using it.
How Do You Clean a Bong Properly?
Procedure 1: Try Out This Basic Cleaning Procedure For All Dirty Bongs
1. Get All The Needed Supplies
Here the first step is to get the needed supplies for cleaning the bong such as coarse salt, vinegar, baking soda, clean water, later gloves, etc. In addition to these basic things, one can use glass cleaners as well. Also, you can try buying cleaning solutions to clean the bong.
Now, wear your later gloves and empty the bong if you find anything inside it. After removing old bong water from it, use warm water to remove the leftover weeds or particles inside it. After filling the warm water, try to rinse and clean it. Finally, fill the bong with warm water again.
2. Use Coarse Salt And Rubbing Alcohol To Clean The Bong
The next step is to use the cleaner and abrasive together to clean the base of the bong. In most cases, people go with this combination of coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol to clean it. Some people even use a mix of vinegar and baking soda or rice.
It is better that you go with the strongest rubbing alcohol to clean it. Most preferably, you can go with one over 90%. Another alternative option is the use of Formula 420 to clean the bong.
3. Cleaning Deep Into The Holes And Shake It Up
It is better to use your fingers or thumb to block the open holes of the bong while you are rinsing the cleaner inside. You should try to shake it for around five minutes to get some good results. After rinsing it with a cleaning agent, you can empty the bong and clean it again with clean water. You should try to repeat the cleaning process twice or thrice to get a thorough wash.
Procedure 2: Eliminate The Tough Stains And Areas
1. Presoaking Your Bing In Soap Warm Water
In case, if the bong is too much dirty with stains inside, you need to soak it in warm water. In such warm water, add some soap or dish wash liquid and allow it to remain for about an hour or two hours. While using dish soap, you should stay cautious. Adding too much soap content in the warm water will let your bong get an unpleasant soapy smoke taste while using it.
2. Soaking Small Pieces Of Bong In Plastic Bag
Dismantle the bong into small pieces and soak them in a sealable plastic bag containing coarse salt and alcohol. Now, shake the plastic bag and let the bong pieces rest for a few minutes in it. After that, wash and rinse the bong using clean water. To clean inside the nooks and crannies, you can use a plastic cotton swab or a pipe cleaner. Then, you need to dip it in rubbing alcohol after cleaning it using a swab.
3. Removing Water Stains Using Lemon Juice
After cleaning the bong, you will see some water stains on it. To clean the water stains, soak the bong in warm water containing lemon juice in it. After that, you need to rinse the bong using cold water.
How Do You Care Your Bong?
- Whenever you use a bong, you will see water stains due to tap water or unfiltered water. To prevent this, you can use filtered water to clean the bong which prevents water stains.
- You should keep on changing the bong water daily to avoid getting it dirty. The presence of old water in the bong causes mold or other dirty particles formation.
- In case, if you can’t clean the bong daily, you can try weekly cleaning. If you are looking for how to clean a bong having mold stains on it, you can go for weekly cleaning.
- When you use a glass bong, you should protect it carefully. With glass bongs, it is better to store them in a protective bag or case to avoid getting any damage. This will help to avoid getting cracks or breaks in a glass bong.
The Bottom Line:
This article might provide some useful information on how to clean a bong at your home. You can use some of the simple things to clean it easily at home. Go through the article to get a clear idea about the cleaning process of the bong.
Also read: 10 countries where Weed and Joint are Legal