Edamame is one of the common vegetables used in Japanese cooking. It is an immature soybean that is rich in fiber and protein. When it comes to mature soybeans, it is tofu, but this immature soybean provides a soft texture to add as a perfect ingredient to your meal.
You can either steam or boil the Edamame and add them to your food for nutritional benefits. Using Edamame, you can prepare various dishes such as plain Edamame, salad, dip, fried rice, and many more.
In this article, let us discuss how to eat Edamame in different ways at your home that requires simple steps.
How To Eat Edamame?
1. Plain Edamame Recipe:
You may require some basic ingredients to prepare this easy recipe.
- Cayenne pepper
- Soy sauce
Here are the steps to prepare the same:
- Firstly, you need to cook the Edamame in a bowl.
- After cooking Edamame, you can take it in a bowl and add one tablespoon of soy sauce and half a tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- Now, the recipe is ready to eat, and you can put one Edamame pod in your mouth by removing the beans using your teeth. When uncomfortable with this process, you can separate the pods from the beans first. Then, you can cook the Edamame and add the needed spices to your taste.
- Moreover, you can store this Edamame in your refrigerator for two days maximum.
2. How To Prepare Edamame Dip?
This is another stunning recipe of Edamame that makes you feel mouth-watering.
- Fresh shelled Edamame
- Lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Plain yogurt
- Sesame oil
Here are the steps to prepare this dish,
- Firstly you need to take two quarts of water in a vessel and allow them to boil well. Then, add 2 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water.
- It’s time to add 12 ounces of fresh Edamame pods into the boiling water.
- Now, allow them to boil in the water for at least 5 minutes and check whether it is cooked tender. After getting boiled, you can drain them using cold water.
- Once Edamame pods are boiled, grind them coarsely using a mixer grinder.
- After grinding Edamame, you can add chopped cilantro and pulse them again.
- It’s time to add the remaining ingredients to the recipe, such as 5 shakes of Tabasco, 3 drops of sesame oil, chopped avocado, ¼ cup of lemon juice, yogurt, and some salt.
- After adding the above ingredients, you can pulse them once again.
- So, the Edamame dip is ready to serve, and you can have it with chips, veggies, etc.
3. Edamame Salad:
This is an amazing salad you can enjoy as a breakfast or dinner recipe. Even it is the best evening snack to accompany your tea or coffee.
- Lime juice
- Canola oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Red onion
- Black beans
So, how to prepare Edamame salad using the above ingredients?
- Firstly, prepare the dressing using the basic ingredients. To prepare a dressing, mix 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of canola oil, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Now, mix the ingredients to form a dressing and keep them aside.
- It’s time to take a large bowl and prepare the salad. Furthermore, you need 1 cup of cooked Edamame pods, ½ cup of chopped onion and cilantro, 15 ounces of black beans, and 2 cups of corn.
- After combining the veggies, add the dressing to the salad and mix them well. Mix them in such a way as to combine the flavors, and now the salad is ready.
- Before eating the salad, store it in your refrigerator for at least an hour or leave it overnight. So this will let the flavors blend fully to get a good salad.
- After some time, take the cold salad and enjoy eating it as a side dish for your food.
4. Edamame Fried Rice:
Using Edamame, you can prepare flavorful fried rice and enjoy it as your healthy meal. To prepare fried rice, you may require the below ingredients:
- Thin asparagus
- Minced garlic
- Canola oil
- Cooked brown rice
- Soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Diced Scallions
So, to prepare the Edamame fried rice, you need to follow the below steps:
- The first step is to cut the thin asparagus after washing it. Now, dice the asparagus and cook the same in the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Take a pan, add 3 tablespoons of canola oil, and let it heat for some time. Now add the half-boiled asparagus and cook it for a few minutes.
- Now, you can add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, one pinch of red pepper flakes, and ginger. You need to cook the entire ingredients until the asparagus is turning brown.
- Add 3 cups of Edamame to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and some water to stir the mixture. If you notice the ingredients drying up, add a little more water.
- After combining the ingredients well with the flavors, you can add the cooked brown rice and 3 diced scallions. Now, cook them for more than a minute.
- Furthermore, for seasoning, you can add some red pepper flakes and enjoy the taste of the fried rice.
Other Ways To Eat Edamame:
There are even other ways to eat Edamame at your home, and those are simple cooking such as,
- You can add Edamame to the stew or soup instead of using common veggies.
- Instead of adding carrots and beans, add Edamame to your pasta and enjoy serving the meal.
The Bottom Line:
Thus, the above article gives you a clear view of how to eat Edamame differently. So, you can use Edamame in different recipes to get enough protein and fiber from your meals.
Also read: 6 Natural Juices To Help You Beat The Heat This Summer