It can be incredibly satisfying to playfully mark your lover as “yours” while having a hot make-out session with them. However, how to give a hickey? So, continue reading further to know how to make your loved one feel special by giving him/her a perfect lovable hickey! We’ll go over all you need to know about hickeys, including how to become a pro.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Hickeys
- Making Your Mark
- 1. Build up the tension
- 2. Hickey’s work on any skin type, and any section of the body.
- 3. Part your lips slightly, and place them on the skin
- 4. Suck the skin
- 5. End it smoothly
- 6. Wait a few minutes for the visible hickey to appear
- 7. If your partner wants it, you should make it darker
- 8. Stop if you’re asked to
- How to Hide a Hickey?
- On a Wrap
What is a hickey?
Before knowing how to give a hickey, let’s know what a hickey is? A hickey, commonly referred to as a “love bite” or “kiss mark,” is simply a bruise brought on by vigorously licking or kissing another person’s skin. Due to ruptured blood vessels beneath the skin, it is first blood red. Later on, as it heals, it will turn purple or dark brown.
Understand why you would want to give a hickey to your partner
Hickeys are usually a mark of fondness and affection. Though it’s often not planned, it happens in the heat of the moment. We can consider hickeys as a token of love and pleasure. If you are hesitating to give your partner a hickey, please don’t, as it symbolizes love, passion, and pleasure.
Always ask for permission first
Having a hickey at work, school, or when visiting grandparents is inappropriate because it is a sexual mark. Confirm with your partner to whom you will give a hickey whether they are comfortable or not. Some people might feel uncomfortable or ashamed and try all the possible ways to cover their hickeys. So, it’s important to make your beloved feel comfortable first.
- Additionally, getting a hickey can occasionally be painful and depressing for some people. Some individuals, however, find this part of the experience enjoyable.
Making Your Mark
Read further, to know how to give a hickey as well as a perfect mark to your partner on their desired body part!
1. Build up the tension
Do not simply dive onto your companion’s neck and try to get a hickey. Before placing your lips on your partner’s throat, spend a bit of time cuddling and French kissing. Start with gentle kisses, then intensify them by pressing harder and more firmly against the collarbone and throat. If your beloved appears to be enjoying it, you can probably start giving a hickey, but be sure the other one is comfortable.
2. Hickey’s work on any skin type, and any section of the body.
We can typically see hickeys on the neck. But, some other preferable areas where you can give hickeys to your partner are the inner thigh and shoulders.
- If your partner is a bit shy or often gets embarrassed, you should avoid giving them a visible hickey. Ensure they are at the utmost comfy level and don’t feel awkward.
3. Part your lips slightly, and place them on the skin
Press your lips firmly on your partner’s skin as though you were making the letter “O”. Instead of forcing your lips to pucker tightly, try to keep your mouth open and inviting. Also, make sure there are no gaps that could allow air to escape.
4. Suck the skin
The trick is to suck vigorously enough to break the capillaries immediately below the skin. But not aggressively enough to put too much pain on your partner. You’ll need to suck for 20 to 30 seconds to leave a mark. Remember:
- Don’t let your teeth get in the way. They shouldn’t be cruelly digging into your partner’s flesh. If your partner wants to make the moment pleasurable, you can use your teeth lightly.
5. End it smoothly
Try a few delicate kisses on the area once you’ve finished sucking, as it undoubtedly feels more sensitive at this point.
6. Wait a few minutes for the visible hickey to appear
You won’t be able to notice the hickey right away, just as when you got a bruise. After five or ten minutes, it ought to appear. The color could be light pink or dark purple.
7. If your partner wants it, you should make it darker
To do so, return to the same location and repeat the procedure. Or, if needed, move to a different site.
8. Stop if you’re asked to
Your beloved may think they don’t mind if you give a hickey, but they may not like how it makes them feel while you’re doing it. Or perhaps your partner decides they can’t risk having the mark seen by their parents or at the workplace.
Even if you’ve already started giving them a hickey, always respect your partner’s desires if they say “no.” Abusing that trust is unacceptable because a hickey is sometimes regarded as a token of trust.
How to Hide a Hickey?
Till now, you must be clear about how to give a hickey, right? Now comes how to hide a hickey if you feel embarrassed or shy about going out with a mark.
1. Use concealer
A hickey can be effectively concealed with a little thick makeup or concealer. Choose a color that complements the tone of your skin and mix it in.
- If you’re trying to hide a whopper, you might use stage makeup because it is extremely heavy and thick.
2. You can wear a scarf
If you have a hickey on your neck, a scarf is your best friend because it is stylish, and no one will stare at you for wearing one. The scarf should be strategically wrapped around your neck. Be sure to periodically check it in the mirror to ensure the fabric hasn’t moved and exposed your hickey.
- Wearing a turtleneck (again, when the weather permits) or letting your hair fall if it’s long enough are other alternatives for hiding a neck hickey.
3. Consider covering it with a band-aid
A band-aid will successfully conceal a bump and provide it with some privacy while it heals.
4. Try to speed up the healing
Other home cures you can use include:
- Using an ice pack.
- Using a comb to rub the hickey.
- Scraping it with a coin.
- Coating it with toothpaste to speed up the healing process.
On a Wrap
Don’t know how to give a hickey? Or need to become a pro at it and give your loved one a perfect mark? Then, this article is all for you. As we covered all the aspects of it, give it a read!
Also Read: Tips For Making Out Like A Pro