If you are a fan of the Minecraft game then you will be aware of the Nether Portal. It is the pathway that offers the link between the two worlds called Nether and Overworld. But how to find this Minecraft Portal in this game?
When playing the game you will experience difficulty in finding the Nether Portal. It is an arduous journey in Minecraft to reach the portal. Also, you have to prepare well in advance to reach your goals. You have to go through the hostile mobs, dangerous environments and many fortresses to get access to the Nether Portal. Further, it is a place filled with unique materials and crafting items. Hence for any Minecraft player, this destination is a treasure. Here you can find all the details on how to create this Minecraft portal.
Table of Contents
How to make a Nether Portal?
In the Minecraft game, the Nether Portal is built as a vertical and rectangular frame. It is Obsidian in nature which is a dark purple block with great resistance and strength. Also, the portals made in the game can be activated by fire when it is placed inside the frame. This will change the portal blocks inside the frame to look like a vortex.
Further, the fire can be placed in the frame by using flint and steel or fire charge. Also, some other processes that activate the Portal are the impact of blaze fireball, lightning, flammable objects near the portal and more.
But the Nether Portals will activate only in the Overworld or the Nether. They will not get activated at the End and customized dimensions. Also, the players have to complete the frames fully to place the fire. If the frame is only half done the portal will not activate.
If the player uses the portal and wants to enter another dimension they have to be careful. Sometimes if there is no corresponding portal in the other dimension they may get stuck until death. Also, another portal may not be available in the Nether. The player may only escape if another player creates a new Overworld portal. So these are the details related to the creation of Nether Portal.
What is Nether Portal behaviour in Minecraft?
The player of Minecraft must understand the behaviour of the Nether Portal. Then only they can use it to achieve their goals in the game. The players in the Overworld or the Nether have to stand in the Nether portal block for four seconds. Then they will get instantly transported to another dimension. But the player can also step out of the portal before it finishes its animation to stop the teleportation.
In Creative, the waiting time is one game tick which is 1⁄20 second. The player can get teleported between dimensions at this time in the game. If there is already a portal within a range of 128 blocks in another dimension then the player will appear in it. But if the portal is not there a new one is created according to the coordinates. These are the ways how the Nether Portals behave in the game. The players must use it to their advantage.
You may also like: Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions: Umbreon, Espeon and Everything
Who can use the Nether Portals in the game?
Many entities in the game can use the Nether portal for travelling. For instance mobs, horses, boats, minecarts and others can get teleported to other dimensions. These entities can travel through the portals instantly without issues. But they can travel once every 300 game ticks. This is fifteen seconds in length. So they have to wait for fifteen seconds to travel through Nether Portals again.
What is chunk loading?
If an entity gets transported in the Nether Portal the chunk of the portal linked with it will receive a load ticket. It will contain a load level of 30 which means that it is completely loaded and can teleport entities. Also, this load level connects with the nearby chunks. But they will decrease with each chunk. This will result in 8 extra completely loaded chunks called entity ticking chunks.
This chunk loading process will be loaded for 15 seconds. Then each time the entity passes through the portal the timer will get refreshed. This can be used by the players for making a chunk loader. So these chunk loaders will create more lag.
How to Build Nether portals without diamonds?
Without the elusive diamonds, there is a way to create Nether Portals in Minecraft. It is Obsidian in nature so the player needs a diamond pickaxe to acquire it. But there is a short method you can follow. For this method to succeed you need the following ingredients.
1. Lava source
This is hard to find in the game. There is a natural reservoir from where you have to get the lava. Also, there are ways to import lava from other sources with the plethora of iron buckets. You will need ten buckets of lava for the method.
2. Water source
The obsidian gets created when water connects with the lava source. So you will need water for this method. Therefore find lots of water sources in the game by digging the ground.
3. Building blocks
You will need cobblestone building blocks for building the Nether portal.
4. Iron buckets
The buckets come in handy for carrying liquid from one place to another.
5. Flint and steel
The fire starter is essential to create Nether portals without diamonds. It will help you to light the Nether portal after it is created.
You will need this tool to mine the materials of your choice.
After getting all the items above, you can start creating a portal by following the methods below.
1. At first, you have to find a good place to build your Nether Portal. Build a closed space for it and keep it separately from other places. Also, you have to be careful when building the portal as Nether mobs can travel through it.
2. Build your mold by keeping the blocks in a three-block by a six-block rectangle in the foundation.
3. Then you have to fill the molds in lava. The lava must be in a single line four blocks long. Also, you will need a bucket of lava for each block.
4. Then at one end of the mold you have to pour a bucket of water. It will run over the lava-filled blocks and will turn it into Obsidian.
5. Next, create a column with one block opening directly to the Obsidian blocks.
6. You have to again repeat steps 3 and 4. These are the steps that will enable you to make Obsidian blocks.
7. Now repeat steps 5 and 6. You may have to do it two or more times. Each side of the Nether Portal has to contain five obsidian blocks from up to down.
8. At the top of the block create a little bridge.
9. Then give a railing for the bridge. It also has to be on top of the Obsidian pillars. Further, try not to spill the lava.
10. Again repeat steps 3 and 4. If all the water disappears then you will have a working Nether Portal.
11. Take away all the excess building materials to see the Nether Portal. Check if all the measurements are proper or not.
12. At last, take the flint and steel and light a fire at the bottom of Nether Portal. If your process is successful the Nether Portal will start to work. Also, it will have a purple ominous glow in it which is a cue for you to walk right into it.
These are the interesting details of the Nether Portal. It is one of the important aspects of Minecraft. So know how it works to play the game effectively.
You may also like: Know About the All New Minecraft Hunger Games Server