How To Make Yourself Pass Out? Some people faint or pass out due to health issues. While some may want to feel lightheaded, they do things to get passed out. The feeling of lightheadedness is due to a sudden drop in blood pressure and blood drops flowing to your head or brain.
When you get up too fast after sitting down, you will feel this sensation in most cases. To trigger this lightheadedness, you can use several ways. But one has to stay careful, as lightheadedness may result in vomiting, nausea, or even fatal conditions.
Table of Contents
Several Causes of Lightheadedness
One will get lightheadedness due to various causes:
- Low blood sugar
- A sudden decrease in blood pressure
- Heart attack
Lightheadedness is not the same condition that we think, like dizziness or vertigo. But it is like the feeling that your surroundings are spinning. You will feel this condition whenever you get up soon after lying or sitting down for a long time.
Methods To Make Yourself Lightheaded
Method 1: Blowing
This method is not the safest way to try, as it will reduce the oxygen supply to your brain. Thus, it is not mostly recommended, but still, it is going to create the fatal condition. It is better to stay healthy and normal by not trying these things. Here are the steps on how to make yourself pass out.
- The first step is to sit on the bed. Check around your bed so that nothing will hurt you when you fall.
- Then, you need to take deep breaths to help you fill up oxygen in your lungs. Follow the below pattern.
- Inhale deeply for three seconds
- Exhale for the same three seconds
- Repeat the above process until you finish exhaling for the 12th time
- Finally, take a deep breath and get up soon as possible.
- Place the tip of the thumb in your mouth and hit hard as much as you can with a lot of pressure in your head. Ensure that the air is not escaping by sticking the tip of your thumb.
- After blowing, within a few seconds, you will be lightheaded. There is no timing for how long you will stay unconscious but not a very lengthy period.
Method 2: Standing Up Quickly
Most people do this method without knowing the cause of lightheadedness. They will sit down for some time and get up soon. As a result, they feel like passing down for some time and back to normal condition after a few seconds. Here are the steps that you need to do for fainting.
- Crouch down the ground by bending your knees. Put your head low and get up quickly after crouching or sitting. The blood rushes fast from your head, and your brain gets knocked off temporarily. If you are not sitting for longer, you can take a deep breath after crouching down to execute this process.
- For at least thirty seconds, you need to breathe, inhale and exhale continuously in your sitting position. This will promote the blood flow and raise it temporarily in your lungs and head. The longer you sit down, the more likely you will feel lightheaded.
- The third step is to get up quickly and position your head high. This will cause the blood pressure to drain from your head and make you feel lightheaded immediately. You will feel the dark vision for a few seconds and notice some bright light points before your eyes.
- It is better to stand for a few minutes before you start walking. Afterward, you will regain your vision, and the brain will retrieve its work and balance. Now, you will get the lightheaded sensation and enjoy it for a while.
Method 3: Holding Your Breath
This method seems dangerous, and only people who can regain normal breath after holding it can try it. For most people, this method is not recommended, as it may even take out your life. Here are the steps,
- Firstly, you need to hold your breath for a few moments to reduce the oxygen supply to your brain. You breathe to survive on this earth. Thus, be aware of holding your breath, and you should do this for a few moments and get back to breathing soon. If you couldn’t hold your breath, just leave it and breathe freely.
- The next step is staying careful when you are holding your breath. When doing this method, you should not let the oxygen level decrease to a lower level. You shouldn’t hold your breath for longer, as you might pass out.
- Finally, you will feel lightheaded if you release and breathe again. Now, the vision will be darn, and you can see stars. Never walk until you feel comfortable, and then proceed. If your health is adjusting to these things, you can try this procedure. If you are not adjusting, you will have brain damage after trying this.
Never Try These Methods for Getting Lightheadedness
- Don’t use airtight containers such as plastic wraps or bags to seal yourself for holding your breath.
- Never hold your breath, and try lightheaded underwater.
- Don’t try this lightheaded procedure if you are doing other work like riding a bike, doing work, driving a car, etc.
- You should not try this method when you are hungry or dehydrated.
- Trying too much lightheadedness will result in fainting or vomiting.
- Ensure that you have control of your breath before holding it to get lightheaded.
- Never try this method if you have breathing, brain, or lung problems.
The Bottom Line
This is how to make yourself pass out by trying out the above methods. You should stay cautious of following the above methods, as they should not harm your life.