If you want to reset the network settings in windows 10 you have to keep in mind that all the changes in the settings will disappear after performing the reset. But if you have network issues then you can try the reset option. You can perform this by the built-in tool in windows. It will be available in the windows settings menu. So follow the steps below to reset the network setting.
Troubleshooting Windows 10 network problems
The windows troubleshooter will help you to resolve the common networking issues. This will serve as a less serious method than the others. For instance, you can use it for an unavailable DNS server that may prevent the websites from loading. It may check the issues like these and will automatically resolve the issues in the network. Here are the ways to use the Network Troubleshooter.
- To make use of the Network Troubleshooter you will have to open the windows settings menu. You have to right-click the windows start menu and then click the settings option.
- In the windows, menu click Update & Security > Troubleshoot. This will help you to go to the Windows Troubleshooter.
- Many troubleshooting tools will be available in the network connections. For instance, if your network connections have some problems then click Internet Connections available in the Troubleshoot menu. Then if you have problems in connecting you can click Incoming Connections. Moreover, for troubleshooting the Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapters you can click Network Adapters.
- Now click Run the Troubleshooter. This will load the troubleshooting tool that will start to check the adaptive and other active connections.
- In the troubleshooting window, your device will start to scan the devices and network configuration. If you choose the Network Adapters, you will require the adapter you prefer to check. You can also click All network adapters to examine all the devices at one setting. In the end, click continue.
- Now the troubleshooting will take place. Therefore, you can wait for a few minutes in the Windows to completely test the adapters, network configuration and connections. If it has any defects, then it will get fixed at the end.
- If the troubleshooter cannot find any issues, then it will inform you about it at the end. You can click the View detailed information to get the full report. You can also identify the issue with the report. Then after that press close.
- Microsoft Office 2013 places a strong emphasis on cloud storage for Windows 10. The default saves place in Office 2013 is the Microsoft SkyDrive account. You can still use Office 2013 for your office and home use for free.
Using the windows settings to reset the network issues
- You have to tap the start button in the windows to begin the process. Now find the settings icon in the list of options displayed. In the settings choose ‘Network and Internet’.
- Press the status option in the settings page. Now click the Network reset option to reset the network settings to default.
- This is one of the easy ways to reset network settings in Windows 10.
The above steps will help you to find out the problems in the network on your computer. Use the method which is easy and effective for your device.
Also read: Whatsapp Web, How To Use Whatsapp Web on PC?