One of the toughest national-level entrance examinations known all over the world is JEE. It is a 2-stage exam consisting of JEE Main and JEE Advance. JEE Main is required to get into NITs and other state-funded institutions while JEE Advance is required to get admission in IITs. One can sit for JEE advance only after qualifying JEE Main. In this article, we will discuss the different and effective methods to prepare for JEE.
Before getting into the details, let us discuss the exam pattern. There are a total of 90 questions in the JEE main exam but out of which the candidates have to attempt 75 questions only. Each subject will provide 20 questions of Multiple-Choice Questions type and 10 questions will have numerical value type answers.
Table of Contents
- Tips for preparation
- 1. Make a schedule and follow it regularly
- 2. Removing all the distractions
- 3. Working on the books and materials required for JEE
- 4. Mock Tests
- 5. Crash courses
- 6. Stress management
- Subject wise preparation methods
- General tips
Tips for preparation
1. Make a schedule and follow it regularly
Following a routine that gives equal importance to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is very beneficial. It is important to give equal hours to each subject rather than studying for one day without any sleep at night.
2. Removing all the distractions
For clearing a tough exam like JEE one needs to stay focused on their goals. So it is necessary to avoid unwanted distractions along with social media such as Instagram, Facebook or any other platform.
3. Working on the books and materials required for JEE
Talking about the required books and study materials, NCERT books are never to be underestimated. The examples in NCERT books are very helpful. Then comes the other JEE study material that will help to focus on the JEE syllabus.
4. Mock Tests
Mock tests are very effective to give a real scenario feeling. JEE mains is basically a computer-based exam and a mock test will enhance the time management ability. Tests are conducted on a weekly or monthly basis to ensure the progress of the students.
5. Crash courses
They are available which helps to enhance the quality of education with adequate information. These courses are provided by different institutions for a period of a few months during which they cover the important topics of all the chapters and help the students to clear their doubts.
6. Stress management
It is another important term that plays a key role while preparing. It is natural for a student to get frustrated, exhausted, lose confidence and get demotivated at times. Stress is a real problem for students to deal with. To avoid such problems, one needs to stay calm, focused, and have enough time for leisure activities to keep the mind in a good shape.
– To earn it we have to love it
In order to master the subject, we have to make them our friends first. We need to enjoy studies rather than thinking of it as a burden. To make learning interesting, we can try solving problems from various online learning platforms that are specially designed for fun-loving students.
– Practice is the key point to success
Speed and accuracy can be mastered by lots of practice on a regular basis. Each and every subject needs to be practised equally so that one never lacks behind any subject.
– Time Management
Time management is very crucial as there is a need for balance between studies and other activities. Long hours of study can make us feel exhausted but too many breaks can lead to incomplete work.
– Practice Numericals regularly
JEE targets a lot of practice. Therefore, we should make problem-solving a habit. This will help the students to develop speed in solving the problems with utmost accuracy.
– Clear doubts as soon as possible
Many video lectures are available nowadays which are designed in a way to give every concept. They are less time consuming than classroom lectures.
– Investing quality time
We need to study for 10 to 12 hours daily. Setting up targets will help us to boost our confidence.
Subject wise preparation methods
Mathematics is a subject that requires both problem-solving and theoretical abilities. Therefore, it is important to learn the theories first and then apply them to various problems. The only way to become an expert in Mathematics is by practising regularly. A good grip in Mathematics can also help in some areas of Physics.
Physics is another subject that requires deep knowledge of theories and their application in various real-life situations. The formulas and derivations are extremely important while solving problems in Physics. Sample papers are recommended to be practised while preparing.
Chemistry demands a lot of reactions, mechanisms and equations. It is recommended to learn all the reagents to have a good hold in the organic part. Also, regular practice of numerical problems can increase speed and accuracy in solving Physical Chemistry-related questions.
- We should never skip any topic because for cracking an entrance like JEE each and every single topic is equally important.
- We need to spend more time working on the areas we are weak in.
- Making short notes of concepts can always help while doing quick revision.
- Self-assessment is important in order to know which are the areas that we are weak in.
- Staying healthy both physically and mentally is the most important thing. A healthy mind can understand concepts more easily and clearly than an unhealthy mind. Doing yoga and other physical activities can help to keep the body fit and active for better preparation.
- We need to stay positive, motivated and focused always. A good amount of sleep is necessary.
- Practising and solving previous year question papers can not only help to crack the exam but will also help to get a good rank with effective learning.
Hard Work and determination can be the only keys to get past any hurdles. May it be a life-related challenge or an entrance exam like JEE. With constant efforts, one can clear any test without any doubt. Effective learning can make a student confident along with a determination to score well. Good fundamental knowledge is always the cherry on top.
Also read: 10 Effective Tips to Clear SBI PO Exam